1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
  2. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    I have just launched my T-JET+ Sports Edition with couple of $12.00 sport decals

2012-04-06-059.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    this is not a new feature. its already present in all 2012 puntos
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Surface area is more with metal so a better grip. The metal is attached from one side. so the gap between break and accelerator pedal is decreased and in high speed driving this increase less delay in breaking and acceleration while taking turn or overtaking attempt. If we just see the rubber/plastic -rubber and rubber /plastic -aluminum grip one has to see some data table showing the coefficient of static friction between them. Also the metal edges are less curvy and this make them less slippery.:) I haven't find anybody in this forum using the metal pedals(may be I am missing). May be some one having palio may have it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

Leather wrapped steering wheel is default for Emotion variant, not sure why they call it Sport, when there is nothing sporty about it :shocked
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    This is probably the most sanest reaction that has appeared on this thread. I have been following this thread and has been witnessing much rabble rousing about a better spec engine which will really qualify as "sport". I think that is a far fetched dream to expect from FIAT INDIA. They are playing along the norms of a fuel efficiency conscious market and i believe for 15k they have made the "best looking hatch" in the country look better. On the whole, the three colours just look awesome. The hip-hop black looks real hip.

I hope these positive aesthetic changes attract more younger crowd and see more and more FIAT vehicles on the road.
    2 people like this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    'PUNTO sports' shows FIAT's nononsense approch to keep the buyer's interest(whether they will be succcessful or not that's another pt. of discussion).FIAT is here to do business not charity.And the version has been priced honestly--no doubt about that.But I personally expected the spoiler in the package.
    Anyway, FIAT is surely showing some positive activities in 2012.
    KEEP IT UP FIAT.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Here is a news I want to share(i posted it in the mktg- thread:hope most of u have been already aware).The 'sports' ability of PUNTO has brought her this honour breaking the record set by HONDA-CRV.
    PL SEE MOTOROIDS.COM.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I would agree on a few points but there are a lot of things there to be disagreed upon.
    1.) When any brand is making its entry with the tag "Sports" then its not going to be the only line of cars for them as bread earners.. This is going to be only a subset of an already famous set of cars, so FIAT definitely has misused this name and its definitely a gimmick only.
    2.) Performance is subjective and can be compared to only the cars in that particular segment right?
    If that be the case then the likes of swift, i20, fabia (and the rest that I've forgotten to add) all need to be set as benchmarks in one or the other way and an attempt should be made by the Brand to beat them on a fair game(if not outright).
    The least that a brand can do is to at least make it more peppier than its own cars being sold.
    3.) Performance and FE are interrelated , I would agree to this point however there is definitely scope for imporvement and I can vouch for the fact that even the 90HP can be beefed up a bit and still get more mileage than what it is currently churning out (Practically).
    How do i know this?
    Ans:: I have a remapped car that is giving me more power than I ever had and more mileage than I ever saw in my 2 yrs of driving the punto.
    So FIAT could have remapped their "SPORTS" as well and made it feel a lot better (I dont know if they have, but if they haven't then they should).
  9. p0peye

p0peye

Chennai
    I can still see the price of the existing 90 hp Punto in Fiat website. Does this mean I can still opt for the current 90 hp model instead of sports?? Or they are only selling sports variant in 90 hp category? any idea?
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If you compare other cars whatever they have done is better than other cars. People has no problem with i20 sport and i10 sport:confused:
    Even though I expected more bu,t after seeing the price difference, it make perfect sense of what they have given. This is not the correct time for major changes. Let them establish their new service network. Till then the current model would suffice.
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.