1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Do visit the link as it should answer a few queries, sadly except for the price. Few pics are there and bits of info.

Cheers !!!

Amit
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Well in my linea i never get a mileage of 22 and above. And Kedar Bendre manages 25-26 on his punto 90 hp!! beat that :)

Yeah i am not saying you dint feel difference in driving 90hp punto and linea. But i just replied to your initial post which said tuning is different etc.

Forget about difference between punto and linea, many times i feel my linea driving totally different than earlier day.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    But, at least the drivers are different here (for 90HP and Linea) :). In my case, with the same driving style I am surprisingly getting better FE in Linea. Who knows, if Kedar drives your Linea, he may manage to extract near to 30 :D.
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The HHP and BNW looks are better with the new stickers. Let us wait for better pictures
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    @ram: Yes indeed! Even my Linea MJD gives mind blowing mileage. ''Got 27.2 Kmpl with Avg speed of 73kmph covering 78 kms in 1hr and 3min''! I don't want to post the pics here. Will post it in the other thread. Lets have that discussion there. :) Don't want to go off topic again and again.

Let's give a break for this ''Linea vs Punto 90hp'', and hope 93hp Punto Sports turns out to be really good.
  6. true fan

true fan

COIMBATORE
    PUNTO SPORTS BROCHURE.BURN TYRE. NOT DIESEL[/B] brouch5.jpg brouch1.jpg brouch2.jpg brouch3.jpg brouch4.jpg lor]
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Any news on pricing?
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Main page of Fiat india is now showing errors. I think they are putting more information on front page.
  9. Now this just brings back some old memories for me. We did discuss earlier about the GTX and S10, but I forgot to mention about the Palio 1.2 Sport. In 2002, we booked a Silver frost 1.2 ELX. Price on-road Coimbatore was approx 4.5L. After 2 days of booking we got a call stating that a Sport variant was being launched and 1 Silver frost sport variant has already arrived and were told that we can get immediate delivery if we opt for the sport variant.

The on-road price for the Sport was 4.71L. So what did FIAT give for that 21k apart from the Sport decal on the boot?

1. Front fog lamps
    2. New design full wheel cup (No alloys across the 1.2 variant at that time)
    3. Sporty metallic pedals
    4. Silver finish central console as in GTX
    5. Silver finish meters as in GTX
    6. Upholstery as in GTX.
    7. Rear spoiler.

So what FIAT is doing now is nothing new or copied from the market. They have done the same before and are repeating it. Let us wait and see on what more is in store from FIAT.

By the way, for those craving for more engine options, FIAT does have something in store for us. I've got a scoop that FIAT is testing 2 engines at the Kari memorial track in Coimbatore. I was told that one is a 1.6 Petrol and the another is a slightly lesser capacity engine. Not clear on whether that 2nd engine is a petrol or a diesel. But they are testing these 2 new engines and 2 new gear boxes in 2 Linea's. Don't ask me the source, but it is reliable info.

So let us give some time for FIAT. But I just hope that they don't make us wait forever.
    6 people like this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The 1.6 may be the EtorQ that Fiat uses in Brazil.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.