1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat punto 2012 active gear box problem

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by kohligagan, Mar 31, 2012.

1. kohligagan

kohligagan

On extreme turning either left or right its gives sound like zuoooo.
    Dose any body have idea, service center told me their is some problem in the gear box,they remove the gear box , and put another gear box. And sound goes off, now they told me that they will dismental the gear box completely and check which part is creating the sound. Can any body advice me what i have to do as i hav purchased it on 7th march 2012,
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm afraid i can't gauge what you're trying to say. Do you mean when you turn the gear lever to its extreme left or right?

If the problem is from the gearbox - insist on a complete replacement with a brand new gearbox. Repairing the gearbox is not the way to go. Your car is not even a month old yet.

Good luck.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Please don't go for the repairing option. It is a new car and it should get replaced under warranty.
    Suggestion: The title is misleading and it looks like a problem with 2012 model.
  4. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    yes, dont go for repair, call customer care and inform the problem and raise the case, so that it will proof for you..
  5. kohligagan

kohligagan

finally. gear box completely replaced by tata motors, today ,
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good to hear that.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Was there any communications to Fiat?