1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto 2009 Active BURNT INTO FLAMES!!! - I am seriously worried

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by chandu525, Feb 21, 2013.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Very sorry to see a car burnt like that. Good to know no one is hurt.

Sure Fiat must come up with their report on the accident to gain customer's confidence (unlike what Volkswagen or Skoda did to their unfortunate customers). As Fiat Punto and Linea are there in the market for long time with no such incidents (AFAIK) reported before, this may be one off issue. But, that shouldn't stop Fiat from investigating the issue and give a clear root cause. I believe in Fiat.

@Chandu: Please ask your friend to escalate the issue to Fiat and get the incident investigated (instead of talking to local TATA/FIAT A.S.S). Trust me, when Ranjangaon people are notified of the issue, treatment would be very different. BTW, which year of manufacturing is this medium-grey Punto (not sure if you mentioned it somewhere)?

Fire extinguisher kit along with hammer and seat belt cutter was a long pending purchase for my car. Immediately ordered one from ebay today.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Why India govt doesn't make fire extinguisher mandatory ? they are mad about useless side sticker on head lamps
    1 person likes this.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Very unfortunate incident. This kind of lurking fear of being trapped inside with short circuit is the reason that I dont like the central locking and even if my car comes with central lock,I make it a point to disconnect that on delivery. I always prefer to use the keys to open and close my car. BTW my car is an ACTIVE.

It will be a good idea to carry a mini fire extinguisher in every car.

Abdul
  4. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nothing to be worried about. it has to be due to improper after market fitments.
  5. tfiat

tfiat

Coimbatore
    This is unfortunate, I strongly believe it is because of the extra accessories it was fit outside.
  6. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    This is a really scary incident. Glad to hear your friend is alright. Fiat should definitely take a look into this matter seriously.
  7. haydnferns

haydnferns Timido

india
    mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    FIAT

Guys the burning of the
    fiat punto can also be because of a wire that has been shorted, this may be because a rat has eaten a wire which was not noticed. Fiat cars are very safe and this may be one unfortunate thing that happened.
  8. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    A very unfortunate thing to see the car burnt, whatever the cause be fiat should do analysis and let it be know, please ask your friend to escalate it, local TASS/FASS aren't going to help.
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Chandu.. Are there any updates?
  10. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys,

Thanks for your concern, My friend got a settlement from insurer, But FIAT officials failed to give him a proper reason for punto catching fire, For the loss he suffered, He got only a 20K additional discount if he was willing to buy a new FIAT car, He struggled a lot for getting more discount, but failed, He bought Maruti Eritga, FIAT lost one loyal customer

Regards,
    Chandan