1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 1.3MJD - 36000 kms Sudden Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Magnanimousdude, Dec 15, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

For longer tyre life please get wheel alignment/balancing done every 5000 kms.
  2. Thanks Ramjin, any disadvantages of K & N on Punto?? and i hope it dosen't affect the engine in wet rainy seasons...
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Don't know if it would harm. But, do you really need K&N? I stick with the stock filters but, I replace it every 7500 kms instead of 15k.
  4. well i feel the car breaths better than before with K & N, its exact stock replacement, there is no BIG Improvement and all but it is good i feel the engine feels free. The stock filters which i got were not good from TASS.
    Moreover i have seen many and many using the K & N, if it is bad then why would they? if proper care taken for K & N i feel it should be OK. But just wanted to know about the merits and demerits
  5. Guys,
    yesterday, i went to my regular fuel Bunk and said tank full as usual, the Boy started to fuel the tank suddenly i realized that he is fueling "Hi-Speed" Diesel i asked him to stop and shouted at him, by then the tank is almost full :( - Will there be any bad adverse on engine??

Next, Today morning when i took the car out, my Mom shouted there is a BIGGGG RAT and its coming out of the the engine bay!! :( :( :(, well it came out and sat in another road side car Engine bay. When i turned the Key ON, it said check Engine! really i was expecting something... opened the Bonnet and found 2 wires were the victim, now i am not sure if the bloody *)(*)( RAT bite something else?? any hose?? anything...

Tuning out to be BAD BAD week for me...
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Sorry to hear that..A few TFI's members have had the same experience with rats... I believe there is a separate thread.. not sure..

and as for Hi-Speed diesels.. one t full tank won't have any adverse effect.. i have done it.. dint face any problem.. actually i felt the engine to be a bit smoother.. but other tfi's members advice me to stick to normal diesel..so doing that..

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

nice picture..like
    my 100th like.. was wasting for some thing special..
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. Guys,

I am trying to buy RaceChip for my Punto please correct me if i am wrong ours is Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD 16V Multijet, 1248ccm, 55kW (75PS) Right?? Pardon me for my ignorance.. i am skeptical about the 16V.. as the manual says 16V is only for 1.4 version petrol.

BTW, I found this to be correct for the Indian Punto Chiptuning RaceChip - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 JTD 16V Multijet, 1248ccm, 55kW (ca.75PS) Please correct me if i am wrong, Urgent Help needed...
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You are right.
  9. Guys,
    Will there be any duty be Charged for the RaceChip?? I have ordered it, Till the Door steps it cost around 12K, i heard that there will be additional 3K will be charged towards Duty charges by the Shipper... Is it true??? anyone who got it or knows about it can Comment.. ???
  10. Better to stick to oridinary. The FIAT mechanic at TAFE Coimbatore was telling me that many engines have failed and had major damages due to Speed Diesel. The recent victim I was told was a 2008 Palio MJD run 50k kms. A single owner car, wherin the owner was using speed diesel from day 1 and is now in the garage. Tafe has given him a quote of close to 75k for the engine repairs.

He also said that the effects are worse in the 90hp version which is prone to issues due to speed diesel much quicker than the 75hp. Many Manza's too have fallen prey to this in Coimbatore.

I was charged Rs.1300 towards duty when I got the race chip few months back.