1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 1.3MJD - 36000 kms Sudden Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Magnanimousdude, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Yup, No other service station would do it. What my guess is they want to eliminate the element of Doubt also..

Regarding the MASS, No offense. MASS said to me in that way. Believe me or not, the moment i showed them the faulty hose the MASS Service Engineer smiled (What i interpreted is TASS not found the issue according to MASS)

By the way i asked Mr. Murali about the EGR valve clog in Swift, he said it could be wet valve unlike Fiat's One! so i presume MASS is correct according to Swift and TASS is correct according to FIAT :D. I have No clues :)
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Hey Guys,
    I have a small doubt. Whenever cars in India are compared, it was all compared to Swift, Fabia, Tata Vista, Hundai i20. I have not seen anyone comparing with Punto. For example when a new car is released, say Renault Pulse, i saw in papers it compared compared to Swift, i20, Indica Vista, Fabia... Why aren't they comparing with Punto. I really dont know the reason.... Is it something that Punto is out of their league??? or Punto is too Cheap for them to compare??
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If compared Punto may easily outsmart most cars. Then they can't do justice to whoever paid them to do the review.
    2 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is easy for them to remember the features all those cars. For Punto, with much much more features, they have to carry a written note, which is ridiculous in a live show. Poor fellows need by heart everything. I don't find any other reason. :D
    2 people like this.
  5. Still, when they compare the only thing they say is "Swift, Indica vista, Ritz, Punto" all share the same Famous India's National Diesel Engine!!! its ridicules not to compare other cars with Punto. This should be changed!!! By this way they cut Punto Out and no ones really know about this Car!!! an illiterate who buys a swift waiting 3 odd months reading such New papers comparing wont know about Our Punto's Beauty for almost same price(may be 10~30K more, but reasonable)

May be this is one of the reasons why Punto dosent reach to many people and the sales goes down...God save Punto!!!!!!!!
  6. Fiat Punto MJD 75BHP - Heaviness Issue resolved. Car Under - 23,800 kms Updates

Hello Guys,
    23,800 kms Updates, So far i have no issues till date, but i have observed other factors of it. find the details below

1. I happen to change the Air Filter (Fiat new one), through religiously by disconnecting the -ve terminal so that the ECU reads new air intake. i drove it for some kms and found the car is reluctant to move (Its neither heaviness nor lack of Power) i suspect its lack of Air Intake or lake of Air Supply.

After Coming Home i changed the Old Air filter back, Just by cleaning with high pressure air. Till now the Car behaves normal! no clues why this happens. FYI, I had this new filter changed in my 18kms, since i found similar issue as said above, I had it removed and was using the older one. [18kms, it was the time i was trying to find what could be factor for the heaviness issue, since then it was lying in my dicky]. I tried to replace it now and found the same issue. I suppose the Air filter itself i defective!!! Any comments on these??

Coming to next thing.

While doing a highway driving i some have managed to keep the car @ 100kmph[2500 rmp in 5th gear] [though it was very hard to do], i could hear some "waanwaanwaanwaanwaanwaanwaan..." kinda noise, the moment i cross 100kmph[2500 rmp in 5th gear], the noise vanishes. I reckon its because i never drive my car @ 100 trust me i have never done it till now, its either 110 nor above :D

At 120kmph [3000 rmp in 5th gear] ~ 130kmph i could feel some rhythmic vibration, I can feel that in my steering and in the pedals very well. above 130 even that vanishes... What could be the issue??? My wild Guess is on my car shoes!!!

Suggestion on Changing my Tyres now, what i need.
    1. Long lasting in Indian pothole roads
    2. Reasonable
    3. Low road noise
    4. Good Grip

Remember my punto wears a 195/60 R15 shoes
    I have brands of Appolo, Michelin in my mind, what else can be considered, exact Tyre name. Please assist.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Some options -

- Michelin Primary LC
    - Yoko C drive
    - MRF ZLO
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  8. @Ramjin,
    But Yoko and Michelin has the side wall injuries right?? they are very prone to be affected right??
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure about Michelin. But, Yoko's are being complained. But, recently 2 of friends got Yoko C drives for their Linea and Palio. There is absolutely no tyre noise and very comfortable too. No issues till now.

If you are too worried about the weak sidewalls then you can also think about Goodyear Assurance.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am using yoko C-drive, ran 15K+, I don't feel sidewall is weak.
    The life also looks to be more than Bridgestone.

However, if you drive more on rough roads, take Appollo Accelere, MRF ZLO, or Bridgestone Potenza.