1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 1.3MJD - 36000 kms Sudden Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Magnanimousdude, Dec 15, 2011.

1. @teky

lol, dude i am doing this for the past 4 days :D. Daily i drive upto 40kms and in all the 40kms my 2nd and 3rd gear would touch 3000rpm...i reckon now thats harsh :p
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is tough for the heart to hear the engine noise at 3000rpm. :p I take my car to 3000-3500rpm only once or twice a month. Once a day is too much for me.

Note- IMHO, this is not recommended for just anybody having 2-3 tools in hand. This should be done at home only if one is confident of handling these sensors.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    @Maganimousdude - I do all my gear shifts post 2500 if traffic permits, that way I keep the turbo working all the time. So don't hesitate to show the revs to her.

You've a weak heart Doctor, Cut down the ICE and hear the engine roar post 3K in 3rd Gear. It's pure bliss - I tell ya!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Please ee my response in Bold :)
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  5. Well Guys, I had a wonderful trip
    Chennai-bangalore-mysore-Coorg-Mysore-Sivasamuthiram-bangalore-Chennai - 6 days with my family and car :D

The car behaved well matured in hills and braking was wonderful, the car pulled seamlessly with FULL Load and sometimes with A/C. Overall Mileage i obtained was 16kmpl, Considering the fact that i happen to drive in ghat sections also

One beautiful(Shamefull) thing happened, Let me give you in Points

Packed things from Coorg and I wanted to loaded everything in dicky

1. Took the bags
    2. Opened the dicky with key(Only the dicky, Manual)
    3. Kept the bags, More bags were comming down so kept it opened
    4. Finally when i had 4 bags in hand with Car Key, Kept all Bags, car keys in the car dicky and closed it :(
    5. No way now that i can open the car!!!!

It was morning 8:30 AM There was a Tata Motors very nearby but it was said they will only open by 10AM. Finally called the Hotel manager, spoke to him and found a mechanic. He asked me what is the car, got few rods with him. He opened the Weather beading in the drive driver side door and opened the car, Costed Rs.200 and peace! he said i will have to to check the door latch with the TATA guys as the manual Key lock will not work whereas the remote is fully functional.

With heavy heart Started from Coorg, While comming back to mysore stopped for lunch in Higway restaurant, on the opposite side FOUND URS TATA FIAT Service, Had my much quickly and went to the service station, there i met Mr. Santhosh Service Advisor and explained him the issue. He checked and resolved the Manual Lock issue also and said nothing to worry, Costed Rs.0. thank god for there service :)
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good experience.

Why you didn't call Fiat RSA?
  7. Pardon my ignorance.

1. I dont have their number 2. I thought being in a hilly region they wont come!

Are they available for help in Madikeri(coorg) also, Just incase to know about?
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This happened to me once, and fortunately, the car was in my garage then. So just went into the house, got the spare key and opened it. As far as I know, this is the only way you can lock your key inside the car. And after this incident, I always keep the key inside my pocket whenever I open the boot.
    You could have called the RSA, but then looking back, it cost you only Rs.200, so I think it wouldn't have made much of a difference.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You must have got a sticker, with RSA number, to stick to sun visor.
    Yes its there -
    RSA.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. The heaviness issue still Persists

hello Guys,

I am back again.. :) The heaviness issue still Persists. This time after changing the Airfilter i was able to feel it huge!! I had an appointment with the VST people for Cleaning the 1. EGR valve 2. Checking Front Caliper Pin and 3. Releasing some Air from Clutch Slave Cylinder. This is what they say

1. EGR Valve Cleaning - According to the Service Mechanic Mr. Murali, He says there is NO need to clean the EGR valve! Coz there it will not be Wet to clog to manually clean and its controlled by the ECU. He reinstates that even though it had to be cleaned it will be dry powders inside so some heavy pedal push would clean it.
    He added 2 to 3 points regarding EGR valve and only showed proving with the Box that they have!
    1. EGR Valve no needs of cleaning
    2. EGR valve will be closed after 2000 rmp or when the AC is switched on, But i proved him wrong that its not always by asking him the question if More Co2 is combined in Air, No matter whether AC is switched on or on High revv the EGR valve will open (coz EGR valve is made for preventing emission). He accepted!! Hurray!!

The VST People have called FIAT's Help in this matter and i am waiting for the same.

Meanwhile they suspect the issue with the ECU sometimes malfunctioning by not providing the proper mixer of air fuel or supplying fuel properly. NO clues on how they are going to rectify.

They always fix the Box and shows the reading, They dont understand the fact that the car shows heaviness for sometimes only. FIAT is not believing what people SAY. i told them BOSS i am living with this Car and i know better than you people how it behaves but they are reluctant to understand.

its only TASS who understands :(

Now Questions..

1. Is Cleaning the EGR valve will help?
    2. How about things inside EGR, Powder kinda thing are wet thing?
    3. Can i force them to clean the EGR valve??

Why i am asking this questions coz Mr. Murali is absolutely confident in saying that EGR valve cleaning may not be required (Showing me things from wiki and asking me to search internet ECU maintained EGR valve)

I am confused!!
    1 person likes this.