1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 1.3MJD - 36000 kms Sudden Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Magnanimousdude, Dec 15, 2011.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Have your brakes checked especially the rear ones for binding visually inspect the four front brake pads by removing the tyres.
    And also see that the air filter cover is sealing the filter gasket completely and not allowing air to escape or to breath air.
    Bleed the fuel filter can be done at home, open the bleed screw on top of filter, connect a small pipe and collect fuel in a bottle. Turn the Key to MAR (don't crank the engine)
    Check the Engine Oil Level ( It should not be above MAX level on a cold engine) Was engine oil topped up in your car by you or TASS or any-other person at any point of time.
    Get the Intercooler cleaned check for oil presence in intercooler (small amount is normal).
    Also check the intercooler for any leak, flying stones can sometimes develops small holes which leak air.
    Clean the MAF Sensor (By using Electrical point cleaner available at all electronics shops, if you can't find one use the CD Lens cleaner fluid and let the MAF dry completely before putting it back)
  2. JJPunter

@Magnanimousdude - dude i hope your problem gets fixed....just wanted to tell you that im also from Perambur Chennai and I also own a BSW Punto MJD.
  3. Cool man, let me know a time we can meet over this weekend, i need to drive atleast one MJD to fix my perception issue... :)
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Magnanimousdude ,

Lets meet up at Annanagar west depot on saturday around 3 . My num is 9282107003. The road is free there before the padi . flyover.

5. Hey, Just saw your post! sorry abdul got held up today, Not possible to meet this weekend :(. Things are not going in my way. Next weekend i am traveling to coorg. I have noted your Number will give you a buzz.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  6. JJPunter

Sure man....i sent my mobile number to your inbox..call me.
  7. Hey Guys,

past few days, I have been driving my car as hard as i can, means I am pushing it almost to extreme on all gears. 2nd gear goes upto 3000rpm, 3rd goes upto 3100rpm and so on! but i feel a lot better now...can i go the way like this? will this make some effect in the car engine? should i reduce the style? I never had driven my car like this, usually shift gears when i reach 2000rpm! but Well now i know how drive @ drag race :p
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Dude, this is absolutely fine. Infact, I would recommend you to do this atleast once a day.
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

You should be observing that the car is not sluggish anymore in the first and second gears correct? They should pull through clearly..
  10. teky

teky Esperto

It would be absolutely fine if you do it after the engine has warmed up sufficiently and not during cold starts. I rev my car up to 4K at least twice a week and the engine has considerably freed up. So don't worry and just enjoy the car.