1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 1.3MJD - 36000 kms Sudden Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Magnanimousdude, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Have you tried driving another Punto in same driving conditions ?. May be you can drive the Test drive car and see if it responds differently. Don't they have any diagnsotic tools(OBD II) to look at the engine performance parameters?.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I am staying at T.Nagar and work in Padi.

Abdul
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Magnanimousdude, do you remember me from the What car section of BHP? :) I pushed you towards Punto a lot and when you reported that the fuel valve is bothering you, I felt so bad to read your posts. Thank God that you are satisfied with the Punto. :)

How's your Grandmother? I remember she was so excited to hold that steering of your Punto.

Coming to the issue of heaviness, one of our forum members, username ""Srida"" was experiencing inadequate performance from his 90HP. Service center diagnosed the problem and it came out that a pipe was loose and hence the boost generated was getting wasted as a result of leakage (or something like that).

VST is rated as one of the best TASC at Chennai.

Do not listen if someone talks about MultiJet engine not suited for fuel available in India. There are people who have done more than 1 lac Kms on Punto MJD diesel with Indian fuel without any problems.

Reminds me of the dialogue by Javed Jaffery:
    "Ghosts of the kicks, not listening to the talks."
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    @Magnanimousdude,

Why don't you reset the ECU? Well, ot literally but disconnect the -ve terminal & let it remain disconnected overnight for 8-10 hours & see if it makes any difference.
  6. How can i forget you??? you played a vital role in my car decision, I booked Swift VDI with ABS(would have waited though the waiting period) cancelled it and booked this Punto. BTW, Grandma is super, That picture is Picture of the decay in my books. She was so excited and she sat in the driver seat, poor granny she was swinging(she is now Just 4 and half feet) her legs holding the steering :D. My father in law who is a Journalist asked that picture for putting it in tamil Papers, titling "Punto attracts even granny's" :) But unfortnutely my click was just her and some part of the car, Not the front view even to show the FIAT logo

Paddle, i am sure this is not becasue of fuel. "Service center diagnosed the problem and it came out that a pipe was loose and hence the boost generated was getting wasted as a result of leakage" Which pipe you are talking about? if its the Turbo one, then it has been already diagonised. BTW mine was kept in the engine room and VST has done some thorough testing, as they said, the test Includes

1. Testing the Fuel output on different RPM from the Injectors - Result No problem
    2. EGR Valve and turbo lines were checked - Result No problem
    3. Other engine related ones, you know, they have a good Electronic BOX which can test and always give some positive results :D. Yes i am talking about the ECU engine tester the laptop thingy - Result No problem

I am not sure how there wasn't any problem, inspite of me telling them that this problem occurs suddenly for few Kms and automatically rectifies. WHATI IF they have given there test shots when my car is working perfectly???
    My car is a Big actor,One day i felt the car is as heavy as lorry, took the car directly to the VST, i waited(didnt switch off the engine), called the Works manager and immediately the car was taken to the test drive. You know what? "The driver side absolutely No problem, i didnt believe, and i took the car for test drive havig those people and to my surprise it was super :( " Was not able to show my face to them :( - Bottom line is "Not sure when the car is perfect and when it is haing problem, suddenly i am feeling this heaviness"

Good thought i will do so, I have disconnected for a short period of 10 mins but really haven't tried it for a longer time. Does disconnecting for a longer period makes any significant difference? I see both short time and long time disconnecting makes a single sense for the ECU!

This is one which i haven't tried, But i have been driving my car since ODO 53kms, untill first 1000kms i couldn't find any problems, these things happened after Clutch Slave cylinder Change!. Well this is another story, I have changed 4 CSC. Now after 14k kms i have changed the entire clutch assembly. couldn't get the driving experience of first 1000kms :)
  7. For those who dont know what me and Paddle was talking :)

05112010100.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    10 people like this.
  8. Simply wow.i cant explain how i am feeling.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Exactly my thoughts...
  10. Thanks Guys, Kindly throw some valuable thoughts towards the issue as well :p