1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 1.3MJD - 36000 kms Sudden Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Magnanimousdude, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Yes, and its very good. Moreover believe it or Not I tried with K & N, i felt the engine is strained but after moving to stock Filter, its super, you get something like in swift! a zooom after 1800rmp

Thanks, sure will try some other settings too after noting down the FE, but keep us posted with your settings also.
    It would be good to have a clear excel with settings versus FE and performance :)

Sure Anandh
  2. Guys,
    Today i saw that after the engine OFF and ACC OFF, i really felt some trace of wet surface in the ac ducts, is it common? i haven't got anything like those earlier, i guess may be its between switch on and off of the AC, my 1 year OLD son did it :(, earlier i never use to switch off the AC until i reach the destination.
  3. Guys,
    I just went through this forum, the below lines were taken from the forum,

"regarding the exhaust temperature, we did not monitor during dyno. the RaceChip is not about putting more fuel in command but boost pressure more like it. If you increase the boost pressure at different RPM range, the original ECU will react to the rest of the parameters like timing, fuel amount/interval to match with the air being pumped into the engine."

this means, RaceChip is not about putting more fuel fooling the ECU, it makes the pressure more w.r.t the RPM so that the ECU takes care of fuel, timing. So Turbo will last longer than the usual tuning Boxes...since now ECU controls the Turbo w.r.t the requirement :D

Source: Racechip Tuning Box - Autoworld Forum
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Everytime I decide not to go for RaceChip someone brings this up, Anyways happy to know that the car starts pulling right from 1500rpm, helps in city driving to some extend I believe. Keeping posting your experience , I am closely monitoring this thread from now on.

Moisture on AC duct should be fine, it will be a problem if it starts dripping and fall on the foot well.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Guys,
    I just came across this link, its awesome thought of sharing it, its the history of Punto from 1993-2013, our design is unfortunately stuck in still 2009

Fiat Punto History 1993-2013 - YouTube

Guys,

Almost everyday when i switch on the engine i see few drops of liquid just few inches inwards from Center of the rear bumper, to put it clearly just below the spare wheel in the underbody side. I am not sure what the hell is that?? i thought of not bring this up since the next day it vanishes from that places so it can't be OIL, and if it is diesel then liquid smell would show it. I am really confused. someday its not there, but i can find it 4 times in a week.. i take my car from car park with reverse gear, just incase you might want.. Pls Help guys if anyone come across such thing
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Mods and Folks,
    can anyone let me know what could be the reason.. i am unable to find the source or it as sometimes i see few drops and sometimes now :(
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That could be the AC drain liquid if the drain pipe has any leakage in it. I suggest you to have that checked.
  8. @Ramjn, AC Drain Liquid beneath the rear bumper, Just inches inwards to it???
  9. Few Updates,

I have been testing the RaceChip settings of "e" "3" so long, To give you the gist of the settings and chip so far

1. With Single person on board with A/C, the chip with the above settings pulls like a beast right from 1700rpm till 3500rpm its something like oooooookmph Quick to reach 3000rpm in any gear, you insist her, she goes upto 4000rpm in 3rd gear. On highways what to say 5th gear goes upto 4000rpm without any fuss with a single pedal press. No problem what so ever

2. With Full Load 5 on board with A/C, with the same settings She pulls good but the oooooookmph doesn't exist like the previous point rather not upto the mark... but definitely fast :) than stock MJD. I have not tested her extensively like the previous point need to test that settings on highway.

Will Keep you posted.. Stay Tuned!!!
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  10. Please post your red line speed ,RPM,if possible time in 4h and 5th gear.