1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat punto 1.2 petrol Dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nish2482, May 17, 2013.

1. nish2482

nish2482

bangalore
    Hi everyone , i am new to this forum i am planning for FIAT punto petrol Dynamic.
    This is going to be my first car ,
    Jut needed your help to convince me between ford figo titanium or zxi or FIAT punto dynamic
    initially i will be driving in the traffic crowded cities of Bangalore , then slowly hit highways- drive to bangalore to my hometown
    the main confusion is the fiat 1.2 petrol dynamic worth the extra one lac or 60k compared to figo. ?
    How is the car in city traffic ?
    i have taken a test drive of both to be honest couldn't decide which is better , maybe because i am a new driver
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. ace1girish

ace1girish Timido

Pune
    Hi, I had same confusion 3 years back between Figo and My FGP-MJT...Suggest not to compare on cost ..the luxury, performance is not comparable. FGP is my second car and frankly i did not find any diff bet Figo and my alto :eek:
    The interiors, the feel, road view and performance leaves ford a way behind... it is a good vehicle in city as well as on highways.. the stability at higher speeds>130kmph is justbest...
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto 1.2 L FIRE and Figo's petrol, both engines begs for more.

Where is your hometown and how much do you expect to drive per month? City and Highway, % of drive?
    If you can manage, look for Diesel in both Punto and Figo. Both are excellent engine, top class ride & handling. Very tough to decide.
    I feel where Punto scores is looks and heavy metal feeling.
    If you are planning to drive on highway, take punto, it rocks on highway.
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    On bad or average roads, Figo transfers all the shock and vibration to the cabin, Punto doesn't. As for drive and comfort, Figo cannot come anywhere near what Punto gives.
    As you plan to take it to highways later on, I suggest you go for Punto. Cross 120, Punto remains stable and confident and can be pushed further, whereas Figo starts losing confidence, one of the reasons being its light-weight body. Just for the sake of comparison try opening and closing the doors of both the cars and see how they close. You will experience the difference.

The above observations are based on the driving experience of my own Punto and my in-law's Figo Titanium diesel.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    What will be your monthly drive? If not more than 1000 KM then go for 1.2 that I can suggest you.

Also keep one thing in mind that this is a petrol car. If you drive it patiently then you will get the better millage figures. But if you used it with heavy foot then the figures are very lesser.
    I have already crossed 37K KMs within 1 yr & 7 months. No issues at all.
    1 person likes this.
  6. nish2482

nish2482

bangalore
    Home town is kerala approx 400km , but i think first i have to get used to bangalores mad traffic :) because 80% it will be used in city ,
    one more thing that is bugging me i fell ABS is very important but for ABS fiat emotion petrol and fiat diesel dynamic both are approximate 8L on road , same thing in figo titanium is just 5.9L

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also friends what difference will you experience between the 1.2 and 1.4 petrol engines

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi ravi one more thing there is lot of talk about turning radius especially in city like Bangalore did you experience any difficulty with your fiat
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I drive to Kerala at least once in six months with my 1.4. I used to get a mileage of about 16kmpl for a distance of 370 kms.

With 1.4 you will get more power anytime you need, but a little lesser mileage (less by a kilometer or so.).

This turning radius problem is actually a problem that exists just on paper. There are bigger cars with longer wheel base running in the city. This BECAME an issue when companies started advertising shorter wheel base as a feature. It is more a matter of getting used to the long nose of Punto.
    2 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Turning radius has been reduced sometime back.
    I have first version, with longer radius, still didn't find it a big issue in Bangalore traffic.
    2 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I drive the T-jet with a turning radius of 5.5 mtrs, everyday for 40 kms in Bangalore traffic. I have never had any issues driving. Parking is a different story altogether :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. nish2482

nish2482

bangalore
    Hi friends just saw an AD in todays times of india discounts on fiat punto it comes to 65k and low emi mentioned not clear for which model though,

what should be my criteria to choose between diesel and petrol apart from the distance driven ?
    Last edited: May 26, 2013