1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto 1.2 Emotion for Sale

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by kedarbendre, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    check out xylo or punto o linea dynamic have all features of punto emotion 1.2
  2. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Kedar - when I met you in pune - I was expecting this but now this is really soon. Well I can understand what you are feeling but I would still suggest that you can avoid selling your car as you would seriously loose out a lot on the upfront. But yes I can understand what you are thinking and Thar or a Punto 90 Hp might be what you would be love driving. By the way Thar may be a good buy for the offroad, but you will feel you have moved atleast decade back as far as the creature comforts are concerned.

But at the end of the day its your decision and hope you take a very learned decision and something you will not regret at the end.

Hope to hear from you soon.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Kedar, To understand the costs involved try to do the following analysis.
    Projected cost of maintaining your current car for say 3 to 5 years with current rate of running.
    Compare this with the additional cost of acquiring a new car and its projected cost of running for the same period.
    See if you can handle the extra expenditure involved.

I tend to agree with Kailashnj's point of view
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Mahindra is out of list now guys. I am looking for a diesel punto emotion pack and if my budget allows me i will go 90 hp punto. The price diffference between those two car is fourty thousands. I didnt find much difference in 75 hp and 90 hp Punto. I felt that 75 hp punto has good initial pick up than the 90 hp. 90 hp has lesser mileage as compared to 75hp punto. Is it true? Whats the mileage of 90 hp punto?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @kedar

As per ARAI certification , the mileage of the 90hp Punto is more than the 75 bhp Punto ; although only by 0.1kmpl.
    The mileage of 90hp Punto is 20kmpl.

More horses should show their benefits on the highways and the VGT should help in keeping the turbo lag low , providing enhanced driveability within city driving especially.

90hp Punto owners can give a better perspective.

Gurjinder.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    90 hp owner please give your inputs
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Kedar Bhai- 90Hp Punto is far ahead of 75hp Punto. I have driven the 90Hp Punto only once and it was the 90Hp Punto that convinced me to go for the 75hp Punto. :p

Though I have limited experience with 90Hp, I feel that 90Hp is better as it has lower NVH, better pick up in 1st and 2nd gear.

Besides the psychological feeling of Grandeur of 90Hp badge with the status of owning the most powerful diesel hatchback in India.

While it is not recommended to swap a 75hp with a 90Hp Punto but if you are looking for 75Hp Emotion Pack and have the budget of 90Hp, I'd say go for it. But keep in mind that you are already losing so much in selling 1.2 petrol and buying MJD diesel and an additional 40K for 90Hp can cover fuel bill for quite a while as well.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Selling a 7 months old petrol car & buying a new diesel car for reason of higher running cost would actually turn out to be much much way much more costlier. Suggest you do the calculations. Include loss of money on resale (depreciation) & higher upfront cost of diesel car vs saving in running cost in future. 11K in 7 months means 1500 kms p.m. Thats not very high to take a huge upfront loss.

Of course this is from financial view point as you mentioned it as a reason to shift to diesel.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You won't sell your Punto 1.2.

Why ? Because you won't get the price you are asking for. Simple

Do whatever calculations you want : selling the 1.2 and buying a diesel car will result into a loss

And a Mahindra in exchange of a Fiat ? Come on man : you are insulting the Punto !!
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    wrong observation. 90hp is lot quicker than 75 in pick up as well as outright acceleration. its just that you need to get the trick of driving a 90hp which cannot be concluded in 1-2 times trials.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.