1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic Petrol- Nissan Micra- Renault Pulse-Swift LXi

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by CarJoker, Nov 28, 2013.

1. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Great.Hyderabd dealers seem to be generous. Fiat India confirmed that in 2013 stock, nothing much left.(few are there but there won't be any takers i guess- Black Emotion Petrol,Blue Diesel Dynamic active etc). Cash discount for Jan is less but insurance is free i believe.

:)
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    CarJoker may I ask why dont you consider Active variant of Punto Diesel as it will cost almost same Punto 1.2 Dynamic and discount on 2013 will decrease the price gap to much extent and you will get diesel car.

My 2 cents.
  3. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Hi, You won't get ABS in Active i guess. That was my requirement.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even you wont get ABS 1.2 Punto (any variant) so why petrol? Check offers on 2013 manufatured cars, may be you will get good deal.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  5. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    My initial requirement was changed from Petrol to Diesel as Dynamic Diesel offers ABS.So i m interested in (>= MJD Dynamic).Currently Fiat doesn't seem to have anything left for 2013 especially in diesel models.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Buddy check stock with other dealers. There is stock available with FIAT, if I am not wrong. Send an email to FIAT and check stock with them.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    kdar, he has already confirmed with the FIAT regarding stock I guess. But yes, dealers might be having a few cars in their stockyard and its good to enquire with nearby dealers.

I have a white punto and thus my dad was looking to buy a punto active only in red color. Dealers in Chandigarh region only had a stock of white and silver Puntos in active variant and thus we went to Ambala enquiring about red color. The car we bought was a showroom display car, something I would have never bought in regular times but since there was a huge discount in December, I simply picked it up without even doing a PDI which was sort of a blunder as the dealer messed up with the paperwork and mentioned wrong engine number.

@carjoker- You didn't answer the questions I put forward in my previous post. Please give your inputs on those questions as we may be able to help you better. Was there a TD car of 1.2 variant with the dealer? If yes, then it should not be a problem.
  8. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    No didn't take test drive of 1.2. I took test drive of MJD emotion,thats Test Drive Car written on it.But how is this related to the car i m going to purchase? The car which i was interested in had 126KM running hence i said No.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let me clarify again why I asked this.

Suppose a Punto 1.2 is lying with the dealer for the past few months, and there is no dedicated test drive car of punto 1.2 available with the dealer. If a really interested looking buyer of 1.2 punto demands a test drive, dealer might use a punto 1.2 from the stockyard for test drive purpose.

This happened to me in 2010 when a TATA dealer in Chandigarh only had Punto 1.3 and 1.2 test drive cars. So for punto 1.4 test drive, they arranged for the showroom display car by fitting test drive number plates.

If this continues for a few months, the run in period of the car might be done in test drives which is not healthy especially for a turbocharged engines like the MJD and TJET.
  10. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    i agree. this car has more than 100KM running and possbily could have used for test drive.Not sure.Anyway Fiat has confirmed that no car my choice/color is available.and new car will cost 40K more. So i don't have anyoption left but to cancel the booking.May be next month, Fiat will come up with similar discount.