1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic Petrol- Nissan Micra- Renault Pulse-Swift LXi

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by CarJoker, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    If H sign is ther no problem,ask them why is it runned so much on ODO?Ask for a substantial discount or reject.Check its VIN.
  2. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks.I am going to reject it as no satisfactory answer from Fiat India or dealer.Now most dealers have confirmed that nothing is left in 2013 stock and no discount available on 2014 cars. So only option available is to cancel the booking itself.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Carjoker, I would say that H126km is fine because car is manufactured in October 2013. It wouldnt have reached dealer before 1-2 months and moreover giving test drives on an unregistered car is not very safe for the dealer. And they can always disconnect the odometer if he intends to use the car as a TD car. Had this been a 5-6 months old car with 126km on odo and no test drive car of Punto 1.2 petrol, then I would have given some thought. Your car is hardly 1-2 months old.

When you considered buying a Punto 1.2, did you take test drive of Punto 1.2 by the way? And in case you test drove Punto 1.2, was it a proper test drive car with test drive stickers on the body etc? In case of Chandigarh, dealer had a test drive car of 1.2 but they didnt have test drive car of 1.4 punto back in 2010. So they offered my TD of a Punto 1.4 from the showroom display car. I didnt abuse it one bit by accelerating suddenly or braking abruptly. I drove it like I own it. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

My dad bought a Punto active this december during discount offer and we took the car even though it had a few issues like torn rear right seat belt (it was trapped in the rear seat hinge and was thus torn), boot door lever not operating properly and 1 or 2 more small issues mainly because we didnt want to miss on the offer. I hope to get these rectified during first service.

- - - Merged Post - - -

You can not ask for a substantial discount if the odometer reads 126km. Kindly dont make such statements buddy. How would someone look if we are the dealer and someone walks in and claims a "substantial discount" because the car is showing 126km. Dealer could have easily reset the odo to zero to hide such reading of 126km.
    3 people like this.
  4. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks Yashik. My problem is not about 126 KM as such. On Monday , i was told that car has arrived.I went on Tuesday and found that reading is 126Km.How come in one day 126KM running happened and who did it ? Fiat India says- they didn't.Dealer says some testing may have happened!! 126KM for testing? Testing of what part? I am not getting convincing answer here.I checked some other Puntos/Lineas there and found out that max-odometer reading was 40KM. So >100KM reading on this Punto definitely raises the questions.
    So whose is that secret Santa who did >100KM driving ?

I agree. If customer is taken into confidence and dealer makes him aware about the issues then i don't see any problem. If not, it raises suspicion and product image gets affected.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    CarJoker,

If Fiat India is saying the testing is not done by them then Dealer may have done a trick here. Please raise flag for this concern to Fiat India against this Dealer.

You will be getting a positive result for this for sure.
  6. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks. Ironically when i called Fiat India ,they said- you can go ahead with car.Need to dig more.Else i am coming to conclude this by cancelling this deal.
  7. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    I know Bangalore road tax is high but 7 lakhs is too high for 2013 Punto Dynamic 1.2. We would get Punto Dynamic 1.3 MJD for 6.5l in Hyderabad. Wait and buy 2014 model, price should be around the same.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Absolutely correct DCpunto, we bought 1.2 Dynamic MFD Nov 13 on Jan 14 for 5.65 with absolute edition.
  9. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    7L what i was getting here MJD 1.3 Dynamic. Punto Petrol 1.2 one is of course at lesser price.
  10. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the clarification.

7L for 1.3 MJD Dynamic is just a OK deal, If you are not happy go for fresh 2014 car, you will have discount on FIAT cars all year around. Another friend got 1.3 MJD Active 2013 in Hyderabad for 5.55l, he is taking delivery on 18th Jan. This price is including seat covers, door sils & door visors.