1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic Petrol- Nissan Micra- Renault Pulse-Swift LXi

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by CarJoker, Nov 28, 2013.

1. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Hi all,
    I know this topic may have been discussed multiple times. I am yet to take test drive of Punto. My budget is around 6L(i am based outof Bangalore) and interested in petrol version of any car as monthly running won't exceed 1000KM .
    In this budget, currently above cars fit in.1.2 Petrol Dynamic, "absolute", Fiat is giving good accessories like navigation system,reverse parking sensors. Micra on other hand is giving ABS,dual air bags. Pulse interiors i found pretty descent but no such features like navigation systems.However they are giving driver side air bag only.I am yet to connect to Maruti dealer.
    I spoke to 2 Fiat dealers. When i put the comparison of these cars against Punto Dynamic, they agree on :
    1) Swift has little more power than punto dynamic.
    2)Features which Nissan giving, i wont get in Fiat unless i go for emotion(price exceeds in this case and reaches 8L).
    3)Average of Punto Dynamic is slightly lesser than otehrs.(This is due to Punto is heavier than its Maruti/Nissan equivalent as told by dealers).
    4)Service was not good in the past but now a days thats not the case as Fiat-TATA have seperated.

IMO, Punto Dynamic is looks spacious and comes with good features but didn't like interiors compared to Pulse.

Dealer's statements like "You will like this car.Driving is really a pleasure" etc make me confused as i expect for some strong technical/design points of Punto over Swift/Micra.I also found dealers talking more on Diesel models and trying to convince me on buying Diesel one.I don't deny that Diesel models might be better than Maruti/Renault equivalent but i m focused on Petrol one.
    Can you put your experience of Punto Dynamic ?
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi ,

Punto is a heavier, safer and has better dynamics.

the punto's 1.2 engine is sufficient for most people. The BHP figures may be small on paper, but the way the engine delivers the power is very different.
    Fiat petrol engines are always torquey, I.e. They achieve good torque at lower rpms. 96NM @ 2500.. making it very much drive-able.

Please Take test drive of the punto 1.2. and see if it suits you.

Also look at ownership threads for 1.2 petrol here http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-2-fire/
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The plus point of 1.2 FIRE engine is torque generates as lower RPMs.

I would have selected 1.4 Petrol Punto as FIAT is offering big discount on Petrol Punto. 1.4 FIRE engine is very good to drive on highway and in city.

Also you will get ABS Airbags or other all the features in Emotion variant.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @CarJoker

The only major difference I can see in the brands you mentioned is Punto buyers buy it from heart whereas rest of the brand are brought by head. Sometimes heart scores over the head. One drive in the Punto is enough for the heart to go thumping. Other brands may provide lots of accessories but when it comes to road presence Punto scores above all. Take a test drive and let us know how you felt.

If mileage is your priority look towards Mircra & Pulse. If good ride quality, solid build, fantastic performance, goor road presence is what you are looking, then Punto is the apt choice.
    4 people like this.
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    As rightly mentioned by ghodlur, typical heart Vs. head dilemma.

@Carjoker, I suggest you to take test drive of vehicles short listed by you. List down your priorities and based on that you can make a choice.

If you are looking for good ride quality, solid build, road presence, Punto should be your choice. That little bit FE thing is very subjective and I feel it is purely based on individuals driving style. Look at this link http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4...nal-jet-linea-t-jet-emotion-3.html#post201500, I got 18KMPL FE on highway that too from T-Jet. :)

FIATs service centers are increasing and service is also better now a days.
    Choose wisely and make the Move.... ;-)
  6. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks a lot guys. I am definitely planning Test drive of Punto this week end and decide accordingly. Dual Airbags/ABS are definitely helpful but do they really matter if most of the driving is going to be inside city? Punto Dynamic is not giving ABS/Airbags.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Dynamic variant comes with ABS but no airbags. ABS is absolute must whether driving in city or on highways. They are the primary safety element in a car. Air bags are added protection. You can live without airbags but cant without ABS.
  8. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks. I am in touch with some dealers now for TD. One dealer confirmed me that Petrol Emotion model is stopped by Fiat as was not much salable.(Also Dynamic Petrol does not have ABS as confirmed by dealer)
    One thing i don't like about Fiat's discount strategy : if you own a car, you can submit RC book and insurance paper and dealer gives 25K discount. So Punto Dynamic Petrol in Bangalore roughly comes upto 6Lakh4000 to 6Lakh10000. But thats only if you already have car.For first time buyers, no such discount and on road price touches 6 Lakh,30000.!!
    Not a good sell strategy IMO.
    Now dealers have requested to wait for another 2/3 days as Fiat is coming with Year End Discount on all models.Lets hope Fiat will not discourage first time buyers.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think, ABS comes only in MJD Dynamic version.
    But Emotion version is stopped, doesn't look correct. Its slow moving, so might take some time to deliver. You can check with other dealer.

This is exchange bonus, and you need to have one car to exchange.

Did you check, how much MJD Active will cost?
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think MJD Active will cost almost same or few grands expensive than 1.2 Dynamic and the difference will be marginal if I am not wrong.

Do check Punto MJD Active as once you get Punto in your hand you wont control yourself to drive so better buy diesel Punto and enjoy diesel advantage over petrol. :up

Please note I sold my 1.2 Emotion Punto and bought 90HP Punto as after buying Punto I didnt control myself. (my personal experience) :evilsmile