1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT prejudice/Myth

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

I dont know which group i belong to. I own cars from multiple brands. But why is that i always turn back to see my Linea. Why does Linea still feel as new as she was on first day. Why dont i get bored driving my Linea. Why do i get angry when someone abuses Fiat. I dont get so angry when someone curses my tata or maruti or vw.

Why is my linea just not a mere machine for me. Why do i have special attachment and emotions wrt to my emotion pk ? Why dont i feel that a car is just point A to point B travel, why do i feel that the car reflects your mood and personality just as your clothes or shoes.

Yes i am a mechanical engineer and i very well know that its a machine, but why do i have a heart that loves the machine and cares for it.

Obviously there is a phenomenon which bonds me more to Fiat than my other cars - please dont ask me whats that, coz i dont know.

I dont know which category i belong to - might be i am just floating in space between.
    14 people like this.
  2. C_S

C_S Amatore

Last weekend , me and my friend happened to go over for a long drive till Maddur. He is someone who is looking to buy a sedan around 10L. I wanted him to experience Fiat as well since he did not have this in his shortlist. I drove for about 50 kms and for the remaining 100Kms i did not get back the steering. He was in totally impressed with the car and said he would buy one.

But when the final decision was made it was the Skoda Rapid and reason, "I find it difficult to explain my choice to scrutiny group (friends, family circle, relatives.." I am shocked to see such decisions being taken... I think there are a huge set of people who fall victim to peer pressure and do away with Fiat cars.
    1 person likes this.
  3. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

Though My Punto has run just 3500 kms but i am very much impressed and in live with my GP. It is equally true that it hurts when people around us say "FIAT?? What??" They even look at us like that. The colony in which i live is full of Hondas, Marutis and Hyundais. Only one guy with a Linea. But When I bought the Punto people specially came to see the Car. Probably some with a perception-What a fool he is to buy a Fiat, and some with real appreciation for the machine. I have done two long drives -One of 300kms- A Jungle trail and one a 1000kms Vadodara-Mumbai-Vadodara. But each time my GP has come out with flying colours. I am yet to write a detailed report on both the journey's.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Sir, Thats all because that is the only machine which talks to you all the time.
    It gives you smile when you look at it. It gives angry look when you don't care for many days.
    It continuously keep sending the signals though steering, brakes, clutch, and accelerator.
    It makes you feel safe, it makes you feel comfortable, it gives you pleasure. it cheers your mood when you are down. Many other things which makes it a very different than any other machine.:cool:
    6 people like this.
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Super Like!

I was about to reply on similar lines to Italia_Linea.
    Even though I am novice in FIAT world, but this is something I am experiencing now a days with my Jet.
    2 people like this.
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    That's something, I believe, many here can relate to! I noticed it when I bought my car. Many, including my first circle relatives, looked longingly at my car and said they had considered a Fiat at some point of time but didn't go for it owing to service related issues, reliability etc etc.. The looks and feelers I got made me draw parallels to the first-love vs wife kind of thing. (No offence to married people here. I'm just drawing on a cliché here) ;)
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Why not after all we fiatians have the same wavelength and frequency. :p
    2 people like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    After reading this it felt like peotry, esp. the why? why? why? bit. It's a great example of how a man can and should feel about his car.

It's a matter of heart as you put it... :)

Cheers mate..Appreciate your love towards your Linea !
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

I think what I said has been misunderstood. I too love my car and am passionate about my car. But my definition of love & passion, w.r.t to the car is different. When I had a Zen, my attitude towards the car was the same. It never changed with the Mitsu Colt, the Beemer or the Palio either. It remains the same with the Jet too. In the context of this thread, I feel that people who treat their cars as a living thing, but refuse to take care of it like a machine should be, contribute equally to the bad reputation of the brand as much as the brand haters do.

1 person likes this.
  10. s.rahus

s.rahus Novizio

90% of the people while they make their purchase decision, don't even bother to Test drive a FIAT. And out of the remaining 10%, 9% of them will not go for FIAT because of the negative comments, "service and spare parts availability" horror stories from their friends and relatives.

The remaining 1% people, who have that "X" factor ends up purchasing FIAT; something that a few are blessed enough to possess.

All who have traveled in my car has given only positive feedback about the car. And they all have made a statement similar to this- "Wow, your car is amazing man, just opposite to what I have heard all these years".

Note: I have ignored a small set of people who would buy a FIAT without knowing what they are actually purchasing, in my above statistics. :evilsmile

U S