1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT prejudice/Myth

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 13, 2013.

1. He is in danger of getting labeled as fan boy and get banned, How do i know , this what happens to FIAT fans on TBHP.
    I must appreciate that he is using right choice of words and posting them but, those vulture's eye are watching!!
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I do not think so, Sat. :)

I have never even been infracted once, till date. But yeah, some people think am a Fiat fanboy, and if you could see, they would be fanboys of some other brand. I faced one such Maruti fanboy recently on the Accidents thread where I had posted the Punto-Safari accident. I put up with him like for 4-5 posts after which I just ignored as it was getting obvious to the forum that he is trying hard. I just mentioned that European cars are better built (I did not even mention FIAT) and he went cross. He has the habit of picking the opponent's car and posting against it, have seen that at 'n' number of occasions.

Read from this post:
    Accidents in India - PICS - Page 969 - Team-BHP

Coming to the topic, there are many ridiculous and insane perceptions people have about FIAT. I would gather what I have seen and post here later.
    3 people like this.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Lol, I will be also tagged as Fiat fan boy on the same thread. I gave a ridiculous reply in that thread.
    2 people like this.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Amit, just read your post there, there is nothing you said as FIAT fanboy. This gentleman wanted new car and got it as grand i10, so what is the issue for him. If a person can be maruti-honda-hyundai fan so why not Fiat fan.

I hope he will enjoy his ride with I10. I am really waiting to see what will be his reaction after each service bill from Hyundai ( compare to exp he got from Fiat), I hope he read complete story of Sandesh Kanchans I20, and one gentleman from Kolkata also got rid of his I20.

Every car has mechanical parts which is prone to failure due to certain condition.Let him live in his world happily :).
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Exactly suman, that's why I wished him all the best. He just saying he has done servicing every 10k, had if he been doing that he would have been enjoying it and writing a love story instead.
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Myth- If you want to buy a Fiat, You must be (a) a billionaire who's ready to become a millionaire, or (b) have a PhD in law, or (c) be/know a big politician, police officer or Dawood!! If you are none of the above, then you are a hopeless IDIOT who is bound to be doomed. You'll end up bald, broke and insane due to the combined torture you'll face- a wreck of a car that will breakdown more often than it runs and a dedicated network of con centers (FASS) whose sole aim is to drive you to bankruptcy or insanity or sometimes both.
    And yes, there will be countless people patiently waiting, with barely concealed grins, to say "I told you so" when the prophesied moment arrives.

When I first announced that I'm in love with Fiat and intended to buy a Palio 1.6, my relatives and friends looked at me with sad, sympathetic expressions that conveyed "Sigh..he's gone mad. But wait, maybe there's still hope. He may yet see reason and come around". But when I stuck to my decision even after many 'therapy' sessions (which, by the way, were nothing short of Bollywood scenes where the protagonist faces tough opposition from all quarter to give up his dream damsel), the 'therapy' turned to mild-blackmail! At this stage, I was scared silly by the quantum of opposition and the unequivocal condemnation of the brand (so many people saying the same thing! There has to be some truth in it, right?). So, despite being in love with the car and the brand, I decided to abandon my plans. It was a 'No Palio, no car' decision. :sad1
    When Punto was launched, I fell in love all over again ( he he..how can one resist?? :D ) !. When I decided to buy one, it was a re-enactment of all the afore mentioned scenes, but this time though, I stood my ground and bought a Punto.

What's to say? The car hasn't fallen apart even after 4+ years (nope, I don't see it falling apart in the distant future too..), I haven't moved my residence closer to the service center nor have I occupied a spare room there, and sadly there aren't even any 'battle scars' to show for the fights I've had with the goons at the service center!:evilsmile

Seriously though, It's been a very happy story thus far. Many of the nay-Sayers who had predicted my doomsday are slowly coming around after seeing how good the car is (yes, invariably by comparing it with their own hatchbacks; sometimes even sedans too!)!
    As for me, I'm delighted with every bit of the car, happy with spares availability (99rpm deserves a mention here) and more than satisfied with the service center.

The honest truth is, though there are minor niggles (which car/brand doesn't have?), the sheer joy the car gives more than makes up for everything. 3 Puntos, 2 Palios and 1 Uno swear by this!
    2 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    There are three distinct group of people:

There is one group that celebrates their car's birthday, decorate the car with all kinds of odds and bits, keep meticulous track of every Rupee spent on the car, addresses the car as if it were a living thing, gets really pained when a scratch happens and constantly complains about the service centre's inability to meet their expectations - never mind that the expectations are unrealistic to start with.

Then there is another group that goes all out to tarnish the image of a brand, spreads rumours about the lack of reliability, makes it a mission to degrade the brand without ever experiencing it first hand and generally loves to hate the brand, without any rhyme or reason.

IMHO - both these groups are doing damage to the brand. I am happy that I belong to the minority third group - the one that understands that a car is a machine. A car is bound to have merits and demerits, like any other machine no matter what brand. Take care of the machine, like a machine needs to taken care of, and it is bound to give trouble free service for a long time, again no matter what brand. No amount of decoration will ever accomplish that. I judge a person's love for his car, by looking at the engine bay and by hearing the engine note and not by my reflection on the paint surface, but then, that is just me.

Bear with me a second. Let me get that flame retardant suit on :D

Rajan
    9 people like this.
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Rajan Sir, Sir Issac says that his third Law, as you know, nullifies the effect of the first and second kind. As long as type 2 exist, type 1 are needed to maintain the balance, the vice-verse also being true.
    Ps- If you disagree, please take it up with Sir Issac. After all, it's his statement, not mine! :-D
  9. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    @PatchyBoy, you dont need the suit. What you said was spot on. I too belong to the third group, however, I do think that there is a fourth group out there. For these guys a car is just a means, an appliance if you will,, for getting from place A to place B. They need a car which will start first thing in the morning, no matter if you have missed the servicing a couple of times. It doesnt matter if the car has a harsh ride or handles like a boat as long as it is fuss free, it will do. There are a few caveats to this like FE and features but by and large hassle free works. There are more than a few people in this category. My guess is most people from this group are a bit averse to Fiat because of all this talk, but can crossover if convinced of the reliability/ service aspects. Its these guys Fiat needs to work on most.
    1 person likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, the car that needs the least attention and is nearly 100% niggle free :grin: is the best car, seems to be the mantra of this group you are talking about. 'The Frugals' seems like a nice name for these car owners' band :evilsmile. Can't really blame them. That's just the way some people are. Cars assume least priorities in their life, and probably their love for cars ends with them using them when they want it, nothing less, nothing more.

A friend of mine once told me the story of his boss, the way his boss looks at his car he tells me, is how a butcher would look at an animal he is about to slaughter :mad:. The man he was talking about owns a Ritz D, where statuswise he can afford just about any car available in the Indian market including the bentleys and phantom! He doesn't care how it looks, or how well it performs, if it just about serves right to his daily needs, it's the best car. It's just that some people have a very detached perspective towards most things in life, including cars.

Another incident worth mentioning is about a man I know who would'nt allow me calling the mechanic across the road, when his car stalled. He left the car where it stopped, took a rickshaw immediately without looking back at the car even once. His driver who was on leave that day, collected the car from roadside the next day morning and got it fixed from the mechanic across the road itself. The owner did'nt mind if his car got towed or stolen from an unknown surrounding. He just moved on without wasting a minute over the car...;)
    1 person likes this.