1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Plant Crosses 2 Lakh Powertrains

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Nov 18, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Fiat India rolled out the 200000th powertrain engine from its Ranjangaon plant in Pune today. :clap

The Ranjangaon plant started manufacturing power trains in July, 2008. The Ranjangaon facility is among largest powertrains manufacturing plants of Fiat anywhere in the world. The plant was built to manufacture engines for Tata and FIAT cars as well as for exporting engines to other Fiat facilities across Europe. Ranjangaon plant has also produced 110000 car units which include both TATA and Fiat branded cars. Cars manufactured under Tata are Indica and Indigo Manza and Fiat are Palio, Punto and Linea. :boxer

The state-of-the-art TATA-FIAT manufacturing facility epitomizes our commitment towards bringing cutting edge technology to India. The remarkable figure of 200000 engines in a short span of time is a testament to the commitment of both the partners and to the tireless efforts of the team which has worked to make this a world-class facility,” Mr. Gurpratap Boparai, VP (Power Train Technologies), Fiat India said.
  2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    well done Fiat !
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What about the power trains in Marutis, is it not from Ranjangaon?
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    I think that is done from the manesar plant of Maruti
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Suzuki pays Royalti to FIAT to manufacture the DDiS engine. Suzuki uses the Multijet technology from FIAT & manufactures the DDiS engine from Manesar or Gurgoan ( not sure about the city ) plant. This is the confirmed news. One of my friend told me. He was working with FIAT at Ranjangoan plant, now he resigned & joined GM at Banglore.
  6. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Absolutely remarkable performance.
    FIAT should advtz. this . At least small news in papers with photo of CEO making pooja of 2Lakh th engine.
  7. @kedarbendre I read somewhere Suzuki does not pay any royalty to FIAT for its MJD engine.Suzuki got this technology from GM since GM owned some stake in both Suzuki and FIAT when MJD was developed.

Can anyone clarify ?
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    When Pran asked, What about the power trains in Marutis, is it not from Ranjangaon? I contacted my friend who was working with FIAT in R & D Team as I mentioned above. I asked him this question to him & he told me Suzuki is giving Royalty to FIAT Multijet engine. I asked him is this a confirmed news. He said yes.

Mods please help on this.

I expected this reply when I posted my reply. :)
  9. You guys can ask this on FIAT factory visit and hear it straight from horses mouth ::T
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think that the correct option :)