1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Pimped My [B]Ride With Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Heartlin Sunderji, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Congrats on your car...Excellent write up buddy...Keep posting,and crunching miles.........:redcar
    1 person likes this.
  2. I still did not receive my Number Plate. Just puntoing around PUne city with the "Garland" effect. But..wait..Garland is gonna rotten in a day. Have to buy another Garland and fix it up till the day I receive my plate. Police intimation letter is delaying my number.
    1 person likes this.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats on the purchase man.

I was in Pune for the last two years and had to shift back to Chennai. Really miss Pune while reading your write up. Whenever I take my Car or my bike out in Chennai I very very badly miss the cool breeze, the wonderful scenary all aorund, Less Traffic, Open highways in Pune....man... The wonderful monsoon time....Those n number of Ghats to explore every weekend...

Hope you will grant all my wish to your Punto. Take her out every weekend and show her the nature and don't foget to push her to the limits on the Expressway :)

and always wear the seat belt and drive safe. Wish you lots of happy miles ahead :)
    2 people like this.
  4. Thank you for your wishes. I am too excited to ride her to all the places. I had my honeymoon with my Bride Punto on the night of car delivery. Took it to Lonavla. Heavy rain
    on Sep-8. Punto was smiling at me asking her to drive her more and more. Let your wishes come true with my Punto. And yes..as you said, I wanna check Punto's capability in the Expressway. I did it with my Cousin's Ritz. And I dont wanna disclose the speed in the forum. As my Punto is in the run in period, I am driving in all conditions with <2.5K RPM and speeds not exceeding 70. When I get past 3,000 or 5,000 KMS, then sure my punto will have to grow wings :)
    2 people like this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Are you sure that you can wait till 3000 kms to test your Punto's capabilities! I tried hard and was able to resist till 1500 kms. Later, when I was on a highway without my knowledge was doing 3 figures mark. Unlike other hatches, inside Punto one can never feel the speed. So I concluded that my run in period is over and aroused the beast in Punto! :redcar Dont worry mate, modern day engines are pre run. But ya it makes sense to be light footed during initial few kms atleast. Enjoy your 'Highway beast'
  6. Oops ! I feel like I am gonna cross the lines before 3k-5k KMS mark. I am really having pleasure in driving in sedate manner from the date of delivery. On the eve of delivery, took Punto to Mumbai -Pune expressway and still I drove max @70 kmph. So I have little faith I can drive in this manner till 3k KMS atleast. :). Lets see if I can religiously follow it.
  7. Put the speed warning at 90 kmph,atleast you will know when you overspeed..Masking speeds is one of Punto's abilities,similarly mile crunching is another hidden feature...So just sit in car,fill diesel and you will never know when you crossed 5000 kms mark..:redcar::T
  8. Well said. I have put the speed warning @ 80kmph. I guess am so obsessed with my Punto. weekend trips are due now. Will experience the punto soon.
  9. Congrats Sunder on your Beauty.
  10. Thank you ferrari1234.