1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Pandit Pune Closing operation in September

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by MakeTheMove, Jul 12, 2015.

1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I was recommending Fiats to many people for even only consider as an option for their car purchase.
    but with such DUMBEST management and attitude will not even think of recommending Fiats to anyone.
    instead will recommend to not even take name of FIAT for car options.
    such is the scenario created by themselves only.
    doing same mistakes again and again, decade after decade.
    always wrong MOVEs made by them, its time to say good bye FCA from India.
    sometimes not understanding why they are paying salaries to such management fellows, FIRE them and their CTC will add upto the profits of FCA.
    at least if there is no management then will not be any more damage to the NOT existing IMAGE of BRAND fca.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well @prabhjot, I agree that we are hyper-ventilating :Dbut there is a reason for it. You know that finding Fiats on pune roads isn't a difficult thing, given that Pune is a smaller place and Fiat sales here are better than a lot cities in India.

Majority of these sales have come through word of mouth, as is the case with Fiat cars. So we, the customers are playing a much bigger part when it comes to Fiat sales, not Fiat who is just lethargic and doesn't want to go the aggressive way.

I understand the DHANDA part, Fiat wants to introduce new dealerships to increase competition within them, which should technically lead to more sales. But the way J-V is operating by bearing so much loss and thereby under cutting Pandit, I don't think J-V would be able to survive for long.

By shutting Pandit(which has an excellent skill set and experience it dealing with Fiat cars) and not letting him open only the workshop Fiat is taking its customers for a ride! DHANDA also means that customer is king, more so when customers are playing a more important role in increasing their sales.

I hope I didn't sound rude :)
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  3. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    To add to why we're all so worried : On one side, we have Pandit's excellent sales and service. A friend who was impressed with my Punto went over to J-V to get a quote. In his words "a tapori sort of fellow with collar up, walked over: you want the Evo, I'll give the 90hp for 8.5L, right now. Why do you want a test ride, I'll show it right now".

He took them over to the cramped service bay and showed a customer's car which came for service and is being washed. He right away called me up and said, "now that Pandit is also not there, this guy is not inspiring confidence and doesn't look professional or proper. I'll look elsewhere".

I did not have anything to reply as I'm myself worried. FIAT excels in taking such stupid decisions and the latest one is no exception.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In 2013,when TATA FIAT JV broke up,there was no intimation to the customers from FIAT especially and in those days every major city(atleast for pune) was having one service centre, to say "lucky people". Now,for us when the TATA Pandit Sangli stopped taking FIAT cars for the service it was a big pain for everyone and we were left with no service centres.To get car serviced have to travel 250kms(Pune).This was affected to many customers across the surrounding region and the customer's themselves have to get the car self serviced,which led to irregular(except TFI'ans) oil changes and ofcourse more fight for warranty if any issues.Asked FIAT customer call centre to atleast refund the Fuel charges for the travel caused due to service,then no response.So now got used to it and travelling to either Kolhapur(50Kms) or Belgaum (110Kms) to get the car serviced.Just imagine,FIAT used to do service camp , where the service centre already exists and not the regions where there are no service centres.The best way is to get self educated about the car and get serviced as per your requirement,atleast lucky you all are having two other service centres in the same city,hence options.The work load now on both the service centres will be huge at the same time pressure too on service centre and equally the expectations too from FIAT,if negative results then we know the results.Though, we have positive results about Pandit Pune FIAT didnt bother :D . So start filling job card yourselves rather waiting for SA :droid:
    dadasaheb likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Folks, hope y'all will keep enough of an open mind about J-V's ASS (potential) quality, and will seek to build relationships with them (SAs, mechanics, managers), individually and together as TFians, rather than rant and complain to Fiat CC+Mangesh for every- rather than just, justly, some-things.

Also, will give the devil his due, if there indeed turns out to be any to give! I mean if we start focussing only on the 'salesman was tapori-like'-selective reports on fora.....

If so: with any luck, JV will turn out to be/have already been tolerably/passably good-enough, if not a virtuoso/ustaad at ASS like Pandit?? Just like most other dealerships and ASS centres everywhere else in the country....:watching::)
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I hope the same @prabhjot . Its just that we pune folks some how have got used to the luxury, that we don't wanna let go, specially when its not called for. After Pandit shutting, we all would be on the same page I guess as far as FASS is concerned and then we will get used to it as well :D
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    means we are accepting what is given by FCA in our plate.
    they are taking out good and keeping the bad in our plate for tasting it. @prabhjot we are not bashing J-V but the overall act (MOVE) of FCA for closing the best dealer and FASS that's what is hurting us.
    instead of making others what pandit was they have removed the odd man out !!!
    no one will say that this move is in correct or good direction.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot .Being positive and bullish about a company prospects is fine. Being a fanboy too is fine.

Your thoughts on folks over reacting to the situation without either trying JV and Sky Moto is fine too. No doubt we cant and shouldn't judge someone/something without providing a chance to prove is not correct and I for once support you.

But mate why the hell are folks reacting like this? What is the reason for such a reaction?

Please stop justifying every move that Fiat is making. Had all the moves that Fiat has taken till date having been in India for such a long time were actually justified Fiat would have been in great shape as a car manufacturer. Its the second last and continue there unless it does something to convince the car buying junta.

Sometimes reading your post makes me feel as if every else have no idea what Fiat is doing other than you. And its borders on offending people's intelligence. Its fine being a fan boy but everyone else has the right to put forth their thoughts.

Just because you are not bothered about what a tapori salesman does or say doesn't mean it shouldn't bother others.

Would you go to a doctor if he behaves like this?

I am not from Pune and really do not have much info on the car buying sentiments and the scenario there.

But I do know its one of the top 3/4 cities where Fiats sell well. My observation is based on what has been mentioned in the thread.

Its isn't a big enough city to have 3 FASS/Dealers. You yourself have been stressing the fact that Fiat doesn't need so may dealers. So why the hell Fiat has to appoint one more in Pune in the first place.

Secondly at least not within a 5 kms radius. Third as the manufacturer it needs to be tough enough to stop unethical business irrespective of whether its a new or a old dealer.

If a dealer has to let go off his dealership just because some one else is into unethical business practices then the manufacturer needs to step in.

In my 14th month of fiat ownership I have never faced a single issue with either the car or the FASS or the dealer. But I am worried.
    It happened in my city as well where Ankitha had to close due to the manufacturer arrogance and I am seeing it again in Pune. And here too it was the best FASS by a margin.

Fiat needs to buckle up. Else the few guyz who buy Fiats for the love of driving will abandon ship as well.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @nibedk This is going to be the fate for anybody who has just 2 cars that has not changed at all for the last like what 6 years. There are fanbois who still purchase AMD processors for gaming :p. Can't change that fact.
    I guess for FCA the brand that they are least focussed on globally is FIAT.
  10. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    We all are worried because we dont want to get worried each time when our cars are getting serviced. Pandit has set certain standards. Pandit handels the car and its owners very respectfully. SKY ppl dont have respect for themselves forget about our cars. JV will not be a diff either.

The class that Pandit had shown was remarkable. Dont want JV to use our cars as testing object then learn on them and give better service after 2 years. Not sure about others but atleast, I hanvt bought cars to train the mechanic!!! :nailbiting:

If somethign is wrong it's wrong. Can't justify what FIAT has done.:drowning::drowning:
    mchanna and JohnyBoy like this.