1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Pandit Pune Closing operation in September

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by MakeTheMove, Jul 12, 2015.

1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pandit closing down closes all future probabilities of us Fiat owners buying and investing our trust in a fiat hence forth. Pandit has always swam against the flow. When the TATA-FIAT JV was called off, Pandit was the only dealer to show continual improvement. Vice versa with other dealers though. If FIAT cannot retain trust of its best dealer in the country, seldom is a possibility of customers trusting the brand and it's services any more.

I am the second one to buy a Palio GTX just on the faith and confidence in servicing older cars this dealer had established. Nonetheless i would spend some quality time with all my FIATS at some local roadside mechanic now.
    As long as buying another fiat in the future is concerned, it seems a distant dream now!

I am always available for any sort of protest that can make good to us Fiatians!

Cheers,
    Mahesh
    asimpleson, mchanna and me_at_fiat like this.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Dude can you please share your friends no here too? May be even FIAT officials might need it for servicing their own cars!!! ROFL!!
  3. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    By the way many people here have talked about some mechanic who are capable of working on Fiat cars.
    Can we create such a list for Pune?
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    No offence meant, just stating the obvious here:

Why are you guys hyper-ventilating?

J-V is there, why presume that they're worthless? They or Sky Moto (in the future) may not be as good, but why damn them in advance? Are they not a new dealer, that is committed to Fiat sales and service, if what Tornado says is right?

Just wait and experience it before paranoid panicking.

Damn, Pandit sure spoilt you guys! Even the worst Delhi NCR service centre for Fiats (namely the FASS/dealer I bought my T-jet from last year) was not SO bad that one would feel paranoid about at least routine servicing. And there are 3 FASS that are somewhere/somewhat nearabouts as good as Pandit here, too.

Sheesh! Over-emotional/attached to Pandit's perfection, it seems.

Listen, it's business, sounds like Pandit's keener on more lucrative operations, how is this Fiat's fault?

You think finding and keeping GOOD, COMMITTED, HONEST and EXCELLENT dealers and their staff/mechanics/SA-s is easy? For any firm, other than 3-4 of them? Well, it is not, that's the reality, especially for a small firm like Fiat or VW or Skoda or Chevy or Nissan, even for Tata! This is a very difficult and complicated DHANDA!

Will J-V will be decent enough for you guys? Likely yes! Possibly no, not always, not for everyone! So? What's new? By the yardstick of Pandit's perfection: one would never buy a Nissan, a Chevy, a Tata, a VW, a Skoda, a Mahindra.....

Take it easy...till you can't: i.e., after seeing how J-V pans out, what with the Pandit folks shifting there etc.
  5. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Pandit gained this expertise only after spending good years which is priceless.

What if JV spends the same time and gains the experience like Pandit did and they also get kicked out?
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Not good for Fiat, like I said before. The Dealer and After sales is probably the most important aspect of car ownership, more so than even the product. Great dealers have taken Maruti lofty heights by doing a fantastic job of selling and servicing just about passable products. If Fiat cant retain good and trusted dealers, then that says a lot about Fiat, not about the dealership. And Pandit (whatever its strengths/lacune may be) is no pushover. It is a long time partner of Tata Motors and thereby of Fiat. In fact, their Tata side of dealership and aftersales feels just like dealing with Tata Motors directly;).
    So its Fiat's loss and therefore the Fiat-lovers loss. We must worry about endangered species musnt we ?
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    May be your right @prabhjot. As @Italia-Linea mentioned in his post, earlier J-V was also dealer of Fiat, Maruti, renault and VW. Forget renault, VW and earlier attempt with FIAT. What could be possible reason they did not continue with Maruti Dealership?

Was that low sales of Maruti cars? or Maruti just couldnt digest such class apart service to their custumers? Maruti must had fear that they need to improve services offered by other dealers to match the experience of J-V, better simple solution is fire J-V and problem solved could be mantra for maruti.:hilarious:
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    You guys don't know enough about the dhanda, the business of running profitable-yet-high-quality dealerships and ASS centres, imo, you haven't had to learn that because you've had it so good with Pandit.

What's the point in breast-beating, and 'burning effigies' of J-V (without first hand, repeated experiences) and Fiat?

'Spoilt children' from the 'native place' of Fiat+Tata, is what y'all are!:p;)

As I said: the Gurgaon dealers of the following companies make losses, and have been for the last 2-3 years in some cases: VW, Renault, Nissan, BMW, Skoda, Chevy and Tata. There have been 2 closures too in the last 6-8 months. Nissan has just shut-down its Mumbai dealer/ASS, etc.

Should their owners/prospective buyers 'burn effigies' and 'go on strike', breast-beat, etc?

Y'all still have 2 FASS, for heaven's or the shaitan's sake!

One of them is new, and avid (J-V). Just wait and try them out.

Am just amazed at the love and devotion for Pandit, the patron saint of Fiat-ians in Pune it seems, so extreme it seems that no one here is willing to even concede the obvious fact that Fiat has just opened a new dealer and FASS in your city, so what's the great crisis? Until he fails to do the job....stop being so fearfully senti, guys, please!:facepalm::hilarious:

How would you guys cope emotionally, i wonder, with the ASS scene here in delhi ncr, which is good or even excellent in 2-3 cases and pretty damn ordinary or worse in 2-3 others?;)
    ghodlur likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It will be a blunder to loose trained staff also for Pandit. You already have a team which works like a team with some strong players keeping the services levels upto customer expectations. I will be glad too if they could keep a private workshop and maybe keep running a FASP just like RS Motors, Mumbai. Also because sales is depending on a lot variables that are to be looked after by the company and clearly Fiat is a habitual laggard of a company esp. marketing the wonderful products these years, or managing after-sales and what not. So no point regretting the surrendering or closing of dealership as such.

A big part of trust @prabhjot is creating an atmosphere where customers are welcome, just like a family. To an extent RS Motors does that job well, esp. if you have also initiated a dialogue with people there with a smiling face.

I still am confused whether to be happy with JV making progress on the sales front or whether to be sad since Pune customers will need to test and forge a newer relationship to ensure smooth servicing of their cars. Pune has an increasing concentration of Fiats and probably will be a much more bigger market even in future.

Edit: A flip side to running a smaller show (like RS) is the lowering of inventory depending on the lower volumes of cars serviced, esp. if they decide to run it in a smaller setup and smaller scale. This definitely creates delays and hassles clearing the cars for delivery in time.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Turbothinghy, dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  10. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    As I see, there are 2 main reasons behind this:

1. Very low sales figures and FIAT being very very lethargic in bringing new products! FIAT is yet to come up with 1.5 MJD (Detuned from 1.6) while Honda brought their 1.5 from scratch. Every dealer has costs to cover up and then post profit. If FIAT assumes that they can have some market share with just 2 (Avventura being a Punto on steroids) cars GOD bless them!!!

2. Giving dealership to a new venture which is very close to Pandit. Had it been the case that this dealership is way far (Like Satara rd/Katraj area), there would not have been peer a pressure. Now as per few folks if JV is offering car at loss, customers are obviously going to queue outside their showroom and not Pandit. Maintaining a Leased property is too much a burden if your sales is not enough to justify the expenditure.

FIAT should work on these two items to keep Pandit and such dealerships alive. As I said before, I never had a bad experience with JV for 5 years. There was a person by name "Shivaji" who was a FIAT expert at JV and I have seen him guiding his team mates on various aspects of the mechanicals of Palio and its siblings.

I had heard stories about some malpractices of JV when they were with Maruti and then soon enough Maruti moved on. The current place of their service is too small to cater to the load absence of Pandit service would create. If I were in market for a new car, I would certainly think twice before going for FIAT. On the other hand, FIAT has no car as an upgrade for me after Punto and dont think they would have such an option in near future.

Turkey has already got Linea replacement in form of Aegea and I seriously feel it could have fitted Indian market to the tee!! FIAT is still getting that 1.5/1.6 engine while Maruti has already launched its car with 1.6 MJD !!!! Top execs leaving FIAT has a lot going for it :(
    dadasaheb likes this.