1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Pandit Pune Closing operation in September

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by MakeTheMove, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    FIAT India : Passionate customers; stupid masters.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    If Bavdhan pandit facility is taken over by JV, mefeels JV would manage it better as the owner is avid fiat lover.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

Until they move to the next manufacturer. Pune could do with another Honda dealer. There are only 2 I guess, and both at extreme ends of the city. Unless one of the Fords/Renaults/Nissans/VWs/Skodas/GM/Tata come up with 2-3 killer mass products, the overall chain will be skewed. So you have multiple Maruti and Hyundai dealers scattered across Pune, and only one or two each for the rest.
    mchanna likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys apologies for creating false hopes regarding Jay - Vijay taking over Pandit. I am right now at Pandit workshop and had a talk with Rahul Jadhav who owns the workshop.

The reason why Pandit is shutting is Jay-Vijay. J-V opened its showroom in close proximity (around 2kms) from Pandit showroom that is hurting Pandit's sales which in general isn't great for Fiat cars . and do we really need 3 FASS in a small city like Pune??

Pandit were also ok to only run the workshop but Fiat said that you need to have a showroom to run the workshop.

Rahul also said that the workforce at J-V and Sky isn't skilled for Fiat cars. On an average they handle around 10 cars a day, whereas Pandit does around 35-40. Also Pandit has the best gamut of spares worth 80-90 lacs.

Pandit would shift to Tata as they have a lot of workshops in Maharashtra, so all the existing workforce would be retained with Pandit.

This is really unethical and frustrating. You are OK to shut down the best FASS at the cost of a new un-skilled FASS? God knows what J-V has proposed to Fiat, which is leading to the shutting down of Pandit.

Can we all do something, like visiting Fiat Ranjangaon plant and protesting??

On the positive side Rahul said that they are thinking of opening a private workshop for Fiats.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    This is turning out to be a suspense thriller. Pune and small city?? It no longer is a sleepy hamlet once used to be, its now a metro by all standards. 3 FASS is a must. For the entire Mumbai+Navi Mumbai+Thane there are 5 FASS which is still felt less.

Its heartening to know that Pandit too care for their customer's plight and do plan to keep the fiat cars serviced
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @Turbothinghy I was doubtfull for the point you mentioned in your some post some pages ago -
    that Pandit's truck visit Ranjangaon plant mostly for TML purposes.
    Ranjangaon plant produces engines, Fiats, Vista/Bolt , Manza/Zest and not any TML commercial vehicles.
    so the point mentioned by prasanna the SA from J-V is false as we all know how many zest/bolt are sold nowadays.
    Jay Vijay had bad reputation and will be so for ASS. we all have to deal with this.
    dumbest FIAT's moves from (MAKE THE MOVE) campaign.
    always a MOVE in wrong direction.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well Pune is a small city when compared with Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore. As it is maximum fiat cars are serviced at Pandit (even a lot of Sky and J-V fiats), so why to have another when the work was already getting done!! Infact opening multiple new unskilled dealerships (and their FASS) at the cost of a big and estabilished FASS, I dont think it sounds legitimate.

Even Rahul opined the same, that Pune doesnt require the third dealership and that too in close proximity.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  8. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    ... and finally secret revealed. In corporate world, norm is to retain best talent they have. It seems FIAT India doesn't follow that practice.

No wonder why they are in current state. :p
    Turbothinghy and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Its really a Shame to Fiat that their best dealership + Service centre is surrendering the Fiat association.
    Why not? i dont see anything wrong in what Pandit is doing.

1. You give a dealership in 3 kms circle of Pandit
    2. You give a dealership to a vendor who has the most Pathetic track record - earlier doomed Fiat, Renault and VW and yes maruti too.
    3. Jay Vijay has just 4 ramps and no parking space and mainly no Talent to service our cars.
    4. Jay Vijay is playing an unethical game to cut Pandit autos sales figues by offering huge discounts to customers.
    5. Fiat India top bosses have an hypothetical attitude of being India's largest selling automobile manufacturers , JD power 1 company. They behave as if they are the kings, whereas its a proven fact that they need to be real beggers. They should beg the market to buy their vehicles(again there is a no reason left why one should buy the underpowered Fiats).
    6. Pandit has consistently provided best service to the Fiat customers.
    7. The expertise that Pandit carry in terms of the workforce is totally unmatched.

We used to feel very happy that even though the north, mumbai and other regions service is bad atleast Pandit is giving good service in Pune.
    I recently bought a Palio GTX only on the trust that Pandit is there and i can restore the car. Pandit not only arranged for all the spares in record time but also restored the palio to its glory.

I think we should all go to the factory gate and surrender all our Fiat cars and demand for refund from Fiat. There is no way that Jay Vijay or Sky moto can match the workmanship and service of Pandit.

Sky is the most pathetic workshop which loots the customers, damages our cars due to 3rd grade workmanship and on top of that its a real Shame that Fiat India is supporting them.
  10. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Agreed - Amit , Even I have experienced the serivce and Hospitality of Pandit Auto , way back when my car was under breakdown.
    Must say they have expertise and much talent to go to the root cause of the fault and rectify it. We need such service providers
    to have faith in FIAT.
    dadasaheb and mchanna like this.