1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Pandit Pune Closing operation in September

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by MakeTheMove, Jul 12, 2015.

1. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, I don't have first hand experience with rest of the Fiat dealers options available in Pune reason is simple I am very satisfied with Pandit service. But search the forum and you will come to know why most of the members from Pune are shouting.

None of the review related to Sky or Jay-Vijay is positive.

Hope Sky and Jay-Vijay will improve on services offered part and Fiat owners will get satisfactory services to their beloved cars.
    rishike007 and dadasaheb like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Let's hope Jay-Vijay is ready for the new and old FIAT customers after September. Once the crowd from pandit is started visiting to Jay-Viajy will start shouting at Fiat instantly. I think, we should start visiting Jay-Vijay now and then and should report all the issues to Fiat so that Fiat could take at least some action against Jay-Vijay to match the expectations & the level of trust which Pandit has already set.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Jay-Vijay and Sky cant satisfy TFI members!

We could able to connect to Pandit workforce because of humble people like Rahul, Anil, Sachin Sawant, Ibrahim Chacha, Abhijit Navgire, Rafiq, and SA like babar are around who appreciates our passion about our cars.

It is very difficult to get this workforce anywhere else who are just there for business :(
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Couldn't agree more @mchanna . I have been there only 4-5 times, but everytime I enjoyed there. Infact I looked forward to visiting that place more often.

When I had gone for the first service, Anil himself pointed out and recommended on touching up small scratch (that I have in the rear bumper) with paint so that it doesnt look out of place. I never pointed this, as I had forgotten :D

Rahul Jadhav is such a busy person, but everytime he picked up my call and clear whatever doubts I had.

Pandit Auto is going to be missed...PERIOD!!
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Fact is that Fiat is not at all worried about the Fiat owners. They are making money from engine business. They are masters in making worst possible decisions.

I wish there is a award in this category too. I am sure Fiat can win it year on year. Not?
    MakeTheMove likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @nitinkumardba

ASS and dealerships are businesses, albeit in Pandit's case apparently, somewhat virtuous. Fiat India cared enough to create seperate dealerships and FASS, and until now cared enough to have Pandit, for eg, in Pune. But if the dealer's not making enough or any money, ironically perhaps partly precisely because its HR (and real estate?) cost-base was high, because of their quality....the business is not viable, at least not as is. Especially if he's already a JLR dealer over in Mumbai?

It happens, it is happening as we speak with a large number of dealers from a large number of firms, from Skoda and VW to Tata, Nissan and Chevy.

Besides, however good Pandit were, it is not clear JV (+ SkyMoto??) will not at least do a minimally good job going forward?

After all JV is new: Fiat India's trying to expand FASS and dealer options for Pune's prospective Fiat-ians, no?

They are trying, but the economics of this business are really tough for all carmakers and their dealers other than the top 3-4 firms, as I keep banging on.

Everyone is hurting, except for HY and MS, and Mahindra, and their dealers: there is a recession in car sales for all firms (this began 2-3 years ago, with the larger national-cum-global slowdown) other than them.

I know for a personally confirmed fact the Skoda, VW, Chevy, Renault and even the BMW dealers in Gurgaon are on very thin financial ice (ongoing, lingering losses!). The Chevy one on MG Road (expensive piece of real estate!) has shut down: 6 or more months ago.

So: it really is time for Fiat, along with Tata, to AGAIN consolidate their (at least) ASS operations if not also their showrooms, in a selective, city-by-city basis?!

The decisive move to seperate from them was essential then, but has not worked for several reasons, but with Tata putting such an expensive effort in improving its dealers and ASS centres, it may be time (already) to revisit that 'divorce', if possible.

And to, like Tata Realty has shown with even houses worth upto 5 crores (source: today's Business Standard), together and possibly even in alliance with one or more other car firms, to setup an e-commerce/digital-retail channel for cars too, seperating ASS from retail, just like other expensive consumer durable-goods like say Fridges and LED TVs.

ASS can be provided in one or more other formats: together with Tata, independently and/or through third party branded service centres like a Mahindra First Choice, with spares available on-line and on-demand too! No?

FCA simply has to create and implement such alternate approaches to the dealer-viability conundrum, one that most firms are facing very acutely in India currently, what with sales being hogged to the tune of 70-80% by just 3-4 firms.

Most Fiat dealers in Delhi NCR, for example, are/were not in any really prime locations at all, in the first place. Why? Because of the need to keep dealers' cost-structure down, given the bloated real estate rental prices prevalent in most big cities. This was an issue right from the outset....and not at all only with Fiat.

The Gurgaon VW dealer's been losing money for the last 2 years, because not just of dipping sales, but the much-more-expensive real estate rentals he's paying relative to Fiat or Tata or even Toyota and Hyundai. Same story with the Renault dealer, despite the good sales of the Duster yet with near-zero sales of any other model.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Enquired with JV FASS came to know following things.
    1)Since inception JV are winning 'maximum selling FIAT showroom of India' award from FCA every month!!
    My personal experience :whenever I visited this ASS, I have seen at least 2 to 3, sometimes 5 ccars being delivered.
    2) Many of the ASS employees were retained from erstwhile Reynault ASS situated in the same premises. Hence providing ASS smoothly was bit difficult. And my servicing appointment fiasco was due to same reason as SA and admins were not knowing correct method of correspondence for warranty claim to be executed along with the routine servicing.

3)Many of the former Reynault technicians & SA s are getting fired if performing poor as JV are getting new ones in adequate numbers (probably from Pandits). Yesterday I personally could see many new faces at JV FASS and sense many missing faces also.
    4)Pandits reputation is due to the fact that they are hugest TATA dealers in Western Maharashtra, and their trucks & pickup vans visit Ranjangaon factories n number of times in a day to procure spares for TATA & Fiat cars. Hence getting the work finished in time was not a problem for them as spares use to reach the FASS within 2 hrs after the order. Jay Vijay FASS, if gets adequate work load, they will also benefit similarly .

PS : Looking forward to see most of the Pune TFIans at JV FASS whenever I happen to visit JV as most of you are likely to prefer JV over sky.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Sky will also be closing soon. Reasons known to everyone.
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    With somewhat similar fate FIAT left a bad taste for the owners of Hyderabad when they decided to close the shutters of Ankitha Motors which was the best of the lot we had here. From a conversation I had with the staff of a delearship I got to know that they need to sell 40 cars in month to recover their operating costs and only anything above 40 would give them a profit. With the sales figures only trending south it is a distinct task for FIAT. I still don't think they would shut shop in India however this lethargic attitude would surely kick them in the wrong place which will further damage the already badly shattered "brand image".

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    FIAT is repeating the same mistake which they did in last decade.

Sell their cars from Exclusive dealership and forget them by shutting down the company. With many FIAT dealership and FASS getting closed over Pan India is the beginning of new closure of the FIAT operations in India.
    dadasaheb likes this.