1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Pandit Pune Closing operation in September

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by MakeTheMove, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got same feeling when TATA FIAT JV broke up in September 13 and we left with no service centre.it was Pandit Sangli.At least two more service centre are running Jai -Veeru. and Sky.Hope for the best.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Pandits are big players, they are also JLR dealer in Pune.
    One reason I suspect is introduction of competition in Pune in the form of Jay Vijay. Jay Vijay is a die hard fiat fan, & is very aggressive and is capturing market by offering whopping discounts at times at loss, on the top of Fiat offers. Their image was tarnished by Reynaults by publishing advertisements in news papers during their breakup withJay Vijay .And jay Vijay is trying to earn back the reputation at any cost.
    Me feels, whopping dealer level discounts amounts to unfair competition.One of my known person got a Emotion Avventura @8.5L@Jay Vijay in this March despite price was 9.8L due to excise hike (1.3L discount on a newly launched car!) . while I got my Avventura @9L in Feb. Fiat cars are low sellers, and such competition might have led to disappointment for Pandits especially when they were providing ASS sincerely.

Anyways, Jay Vijay won't spare a chance to grab the Pantit employees to fill in the pit falls in their ASS.
    asimpleson, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I was at Pandit model colony in evening, manager over there said :
    1. there 2 SAs have joined Jay Vijay.
    2. They do not have any stock of new cars to sell.
    3. sales is closing in august.
    4. ASS will be closing in September.
    5. Infrastructure and all associated monthly expenses were not fulfilling due to low sales.
    6. they have told FIAT many times to launch new products for increase in sales.
    7. seems they are happy in engine sales only (true fact)
    8. some of display and demo cars purchased by Pandit employees so no any great deals remaining there.
    9. Jay Vijay have too small area for ASS in the heart of city.
    in fact this is going to be future of all dealers sooner or later.
    why they will make loss due to lazy and lathargic attitude of FIAT ?
    best ASS from pune is no more.
    don't know why FIAT has not supported the best dealer.
    many people including me have purchased FIAT as there was Pandit for ASS.
    God bless FCA.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    What do I know, from here in Dilli-Gurgaon but I am with Jumu and Tornado on this.

Perhaps, JayVijay is committed, and their ASS will prove adequate, if not outstanding? Glad to hear on the Pune Fiat owners' behalf that some of the SA and mechanics from Pandit might be shifting there.

Here in Delhi NCR too, I think there just is NOT a market big enough for Fiats (even if they launch say 2 or 5 all-new models yesterday) to support 6/7 FASS and showrooms.

And if some of the new independent Fiat dealers are ambitious and would rather shift to other, bigger-selling brands, perhaps even luxury ones, let alone either being inept or of dubious managerial/hr quality (i can think of at least 3 such possible cases in Delhi NCR): too bad, and what's more, inevitable.

Not all dealers were going to be able or willing to cope with the peculiar challenges of fronting up for a small-selling, somewhat-troubled brand i our car baazar like Fiat (or Chevy or Skoda or in many/most places Nissan, VW and Renault too.)

There will be at least 2 similar shutdowns in Delhi NCR too, soon enough, I am certain of it. No bad thing as far as I am concerned, since the good ones left (kashyap, drs...) will hopefully be boosted with better sales, lesser competition?

Hope JayVijay and even SkyMoto improve, prove themselves!

I really do feel FCA must move, ideally with Tata Motors/Tata Sons, in a big way towards an e-commerce retail format over time, wherever found effective/plausible (as in Pune? Mumbai? Delhi? Gurgaon?...), and if possible handle sales and td-s and PDI-s etc directly themselves.

Third-party official service and spares should as far as possible be de-linked from showrooms and the heavy financial load of being a 'dealer', on the RS Motors model from Mumbai or even the Mahindra First Choice/Carnation/Bosch one?
  5. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Truly saddening news.
    I was solely reliant on Pandit FASS and now I am really concerned about the future services of my Punto.
    I am thinking of doing the next (3rd free) service 15 days in advance to get it serviced by Pandit.

Both Sky and JayVijay have a lot to improve.
    I don't understand how JayVijay is going to cope up given their too-small a place. (You can't even park your car there peacefully. One person will always move your car every 5 mins to make way for other cars to move; this too in your presence. God knows what might happen when you leave your car there. ). But still I hope they improve and acquire some new or additional space to cater to more cars.
  6. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

So shocking. I have had a far better experience at Pandit service than what I have had with my i20 at Hyundai A.S.S.
    It is going to be difficult now. Sky Moto is hopeless. Jay Vijay, no personal experience but heard so not good about their previous stint with FIAT.

Fiat India take my car back and refund me the money.
    On a lighter note, my wifey felt relieved now that I won't be spending whole of Saturday at Pandit :D
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

@platinumshine As a matter of fact, if you take your beloved FIAT to JV or Sky then you will not just spend your Saturday but would have to keep a constant watch on what technicians are doing to your baby...and at time get into an argument also which will make the overall experience sour. Here at Pandit, even though we spent a day or half, it was never ever a frustrating experience.
    platinumshine and Turbothinghy like this.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I forgot to mention that even Sky is making big losses and will be down soon.
    they do not have even good service records so very less vehicles serviced at their ASS.
    at least pandit were having busy service center to achieve break even for their business.

How JV is good we can see from the post of @Tornado :
    they even do not giving him appointment for service, he had to contact FCA for that.
    seems JV is only interested in sales and not at all in ASS.

we should protest in front of Ranjangaon plant by gathering media over there and ask for full refund of our car's purchase value.
    and take back your cars FCA if you are not going to provide us a good ASS.

these maroons are not learning anything from past 50 years.
    and not even copying maruti or hyundai, useless management of FCA
    asimpleson, PradeepM and kedarbendre like this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Have y'all written off JayVijay, the newest Pune dealer and FASS, already? Is that right? How many have actually had first-hand (good/bad) experiences? Maybe, esp with some of the Pandit crew shifting there: they may turn out to be alright wrt service? They do sound aggressive/keen from what Tornado says, and are still new.

Anyway, you Pune guys seem really to have been 'spoilt' by Pandit's consistent excellence!

Live in hope, rather than trepidation or anxiety, i say. The ASS sky hasn't fallen yet?!

I guess it was inevitable: if the dealer's this good, he was bound to decamp to a big or luxury brand, almost necessarily. Maybe FCA made a mistake by adding the competition from JayVijay to the Pune mix, could the market for Fiats in Pune, better though it is, really sustain 3 FASS+showroom operations??

The Delhi NCR one definitely cannot the current 5/6 FASS/dealers. I am pessimistic about my, mediocre or worse, Gurgaon dealer's ability or will to survive too, but as long as there are 2-3 other decent/good options in the city-region, even if much further away.....it's OK.

Let's see.
  10. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    we just have one ASS centre in our city and if its going to close someday, then we are doomed.