1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Pandit Pune Closing operation in September

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by MakeTheMove, Jul 12, 2015.

1. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I find JV ok but they are always booked and take long for simple jobs. Last week I was there to fit moulded mud flaps and they made me wait for 2 hora to fix those. I enquired about the ECU update and when the cs manager asked the person to create a new job card he started muttering and flatly refused. Will be going there next week so that I can club the Fiat check up camp.
  2. Navin

Navin Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am about to give my Punto 90hp for service. I am a bit reluctant to get it done from Jay-Vijay. Can anybody please suggest some good garage or a good mechanic in Pune who knows the machine well, is well equipped and have spares readily available or can source them easily.

I am facing few problems.

1) there is some rubbing noise coming from the right rear wheel the mild vibrations can be felt inside when sitting on the rear seat on front seats only sound comes. Have shown it to Jay-Vijay folks but they couldn't find any problem. They checked the bearings, breakpads, alloy wheel but no luck. Finally they blamed the tyre for the noise. I agree that tyres are not in great shape but still are not bad at all. This issue spoils the whole ride that the Italian beauty offers.

2) I am getting very less mileage around 12+ kmpl in city even though only 30% of the run is in bumper to bumper traffic other 70% is normal Pune city traffic and 15-16 kmpl on highways at 100-110 kmph which is quite low for a diesel car.

3) Bonnet doesn't open many times, I guess its connecting cable fault.

My car has just run only 38K Kms till now. Also please suggest the Engine oil. I am planning to change it every 7k kms so looking for some economical options.

All your help will be deeply appreciated.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

1) If your tyre is Goodyear then 38K is about time you looked at replacing them. Have you done regular wheel balancing/rotation ? IF not, then please replace those Goodyears asap.
    2) Mileage is mostly a function of your own driving style. Using AC 100% of the time, at higher setting, ie less than 24deg C, will contribute greatly to lower mileage. Pune is a quite a dust prone city nowadays and therefore air filter needs to be inspected and cleaned. You will never get a high mileage at speeds exceeding 100 kph. 15/16 kmpl at sustained high speeds is par for the course. The best mileage is obtained in the 70-90 kph zone for most Fiats and indeed most cars in India with similar sized engines.
    prabhjot, Tornado, mo1 and 2 others like this.
  4. amlendu

amlendu Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

I have a Linea 1.3MJD and it is due for the 60K Kms servicing. I have been postponing the whole task as FIAT Pandit in Bavdhan shut shop. Now I am in a dilemma as to where should I go, JV or Sky moto. Haven't heard anything good about both the service centres. In one of the posts someone mentioned Pandit offering service to its old customers. Has anyone been there recently. Please help.

Also, could any of you tell your experience on the cost and parts replaced for the 60K milestone servicing.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Are there bad reports about the new JV centre, which apparently has some ex-Pandit technicians now working there, as opposed to NO reports? They have been reported to be crowded/very busy with no spare parking space etc but bad/lousy/incompetent/unethical etc?!

@amlendu @Tornado
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Only problem with JV FASS, due to closure of pandit's Bavdhan facility, is that they have overload compounded with less space.
    However, if you go with prior appointment, there is no problem.
    Also JV FASS is in the primary stage of opening a bigger facility near Swargate.

@amlendu
    At Pandit facility near their TASS at Sahkar nagar , you can get non warranty repairs & servicings. Just call them or FCA & confirm.
  7. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    JV is looking to start a larger workshop on Pune-A'Nagar road most probably near Wadgaon Sheri. Also news is that Pandit might take up the Jeep dealership in 2017.
  8. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    JV is going to finalized work shop in Aundh. They will keep both the work shops running.