1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Pandit Pune Closing operation in September

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by MakeTheMove, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Jai Vijay Pune do not have a good reputation previously as FIAT DEALERS AND SERVICE ... FIAT gave them again ... but FIAT its a mistake ...

Pandit are better in service ... trusted ...

You will loose CUSTOMERS FROM PUNE ... for sure ...

Most of us will prefer to sell off our FIAT cars ... mine is just 6 months old and I am ready to do the same ...

Sorry, FIAT you have started the beginning of the end of FIAT in India ... you should have asked the customers before stopping the service ...

Long live FIAT INDIA ...

Still some hope ... Keep the service center going ... it will save you from DOOM ...
  2. Rajhans

Rajhans Novizio

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, I agree with you and am looking forward to my experiences with Jay Vijay before I form any opinion. Just that the benchmark for me was Fiat Pandit bavdhan folks so keeping fingers crossed.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    .In those days, FASS was a farce all over India(imported & costly spares, moron mechanics) . We can't blame JV alone.

Which model do you own? Is there ownership thread going on.?
  4. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    well attitude has to b right ...
    customer service foremost ...

trust will take long time establishing woth any new service center ...
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Sagar Sawant

We run a million risks far greater than any that FASS (in this case, JV Pune) will possibly realize for you, possibly, in some cases, who knows how many or any at all and for what problem area and to what degree....., a million risks far higher than any AS YET merely percieved/feared out of paranoia ASS quality deficits....

with any car from any manufacturer: from accidents to road rage to utter car-unsafety to traffic jamming to killing a pedestrian or cyclists to getting killed to serious police cases to 'broken axles' to 'adulterated fuel' to empty bank accounts, etc etc. etc.

It amazes me that we in India's car buying/owning public ignore all those risks and instead fetishize just this one risk (after sales service quality and quantity), often without any evidence, indeed often with lots of evidence to the contrary (e.g., the 'high' ASS standards of a firm like Hyundai, all things considered) to this degree.

To own and to drive a, any, car IS in itself a MEGA-risk, more so in India than pretty much any elsewhere. From the financial to the legal, to safety, to civility and peace on the road, etc.

Until we have any consistent evidence that JV is poor and un-trustworthy, why fret? This whole ASS fetish that is a stick with which to beat Fiat (and also so many other firms) is OUR fear and paranoia and misplaced risk-aversion, NOT necessarily justified by the facts and experiences of ASS centres in reality.

There are better service centres for some service actions, some of the time, and worse ones for the same, which might be better at some other....etc.

This is true even of Toyota, let alone Fiat or Tata or Skoda or Nissan or Chevy or VW (all of which suffer this 'ASS is bad' tag). So?

Has there been a big improvement in Fiat's after sales quality and quantity, on average, since the split with Tata? Yes. Is it always at every ASS centre and for every issue and for every one, perfect or even adequate?

NO. And it never will or can be. Nor is it or can it for say Toyota, Maruti or Hyundai/Honda.

Do FASS have many strengths that get overlooked, just because many are not as consistently good and trustworthy as say Pandit or say Delhi's Kashyap or Gurgaon's DRS? Yes. Do the bigger cities have multiple FASS options? yes, even Pune, still, even without Pandit. Is FCA India responsive to fair complaints and dissatisfactions? yes.

So yeah, vigilance and care etc remains valid....but why be paranoid?

In any case, some risk is there, and is irreducible. Is there none with ASS of Toyota, Maruti, Hyundai and Honda? Some more, some less, but significant, even big risks are there EVEN with them, one way (very overpriced spares and labour: Hyundai, just as one example) or another (terrible warranty practices: Honda, just for instance).

In any case, this 'hassle-free ownership' fetish that's always anxious about ASS is, beyond a point, just ill-advised, IMO, since the risks are just NOT that great RELATIVE to all the others involved in driving a car about on our roads, in our traffic, with our police/authorities, with our fellow drivers such as they are, etc.

FASS are improved in most if not all cities, so is spares availability etc, many cities have multiple FASS, many are improving continuously, some may be declining or shutting down.....etc.

That's just normal, and to-be expected. That just means the FASS scene is no different to that of any other firm, all things considered.

Apparently, that may not be 'enough' for many prospective buyers, even some current owners with disappointing experiences, frustrated expectations.

Well, as long as FCA/Fiat India are 'lage hein' and 'lage raho!' (as hopefully with the JV replacement for the loss of Pandit)......!

PS: How come NO other country of car buyers anywhere displays this same degree of anxious obsession with ostensible and purported ASS excellence/poverty? Not China, not Brazil, not Mexico, not Turkey, not even Indonesia, let alone the developed, mature, regulated car markets? With the very same car firms and brands competing tooth and nail there too?
  6. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @prabhjot in other countries consumer activism is huge justice is immediate car manuf. and service centees r accountable or face huge fines .... they cannot fleece customers ...

spoil parts partially cut pipes mix water deliberately etc. ...

and TRUST takes time to build provided trust is not a mere camoflage ...

all deserve chances but not at the expense of ones pocket ...
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Rajhans

Rajhans Novizio

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, @Sagar Sawant, i think both of you have your points put forth convincingly. While everyone is entitled to own opinions am sure the intent here is to get good ASS be it hyundai, maruti or fiat etc...and this thread specifically points to how good pandit fiat service station was. No harm in saying that but at the same time we cannot form an opinion on Jay Vijay without due experience.

From my humble experience in India and owning cars of different brands I saw that it takes only one or two bad servicings to ruin a car which was in better condition. At the same time there have been good servicings as well.

Overall I feel that we are a long way to go here to get that consistency of good servicing be it any manufacturer. For that enough of attention and experts in ASS are needed which today is woefully inadequate.
  8. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    again all i say is trust ... takes time to develop ... why on the earth would fiat want to stop such a service station?

only a service station which is trusted is also good thing to have ... leaving others only for sales ...
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 2, 2015 ---
    auto forums r filled with stories of service centers fleecing customers ...

and fiat is shutting down a trusted service station
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Rajhans, well said.

@Sagar Sawant, are you sure that Fiat is shutting down Pandit and there is no other reasons esp. that of Pandit Management having its own share of issues.

BTW, must bring to your notice that typing with ... between sentences is against forum rules IMO. Kindly avoid that. :)
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    prabhjot and Rajhans like this.
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Pandit is doing buisness with FCA, and as @prabhjot mentioned from time to time that running a Showroom and Service Center needs big investment.
    all the dealers who opted to open FCA dealerships were in huge losses as FCA has not launched new cars which would have kept sales to at least a level of break even then also any businessman will not close any of his enterprise in a hope of profit in future.
    Pandit have asked FCA for concrete promises on new cars but as usual they failed to do so.
    so why the hail they will continue with the dumbest FCA only on false promises and making huge losses ??
    did anyone hear of opening of new dealership recently, only closing of many is the obvious future.
    FCA is alive on engine royalties but what is the source to dealers ? Dumbest FCA will not think of them anytime.