1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Pandit Pune Closing operation in September

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by MakeTheMove, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Oh no! What's the reason? I know KHT Whitefield showroom is closing soon. May be relocated according to the sales rep.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    reason is FCA's business strategies - they want to close good FASS outlets and wanted to sell more and more fiats without ASS backup.
    this can earn them millions of $$$ as profit.
    reason - they are number one (but from bottom) in Indian car market so they can take any decisions.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Real estate costs are IMPOSSIBLE to sustain given sales figures, and their inelasticity, that's why.

I wish FCA, alongwith Tata and/or a few other car firms, launches a seperate e-commerce portal for car purchasing, while small independent or third-party ASS centres are kept seperate from dealerships, if necessary, that way ASS centre coverage can be more extensive, while sales and retail and marketeting costs are brought down?
  4. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : You are right and its the same thing even I kept thinking of. Moving to e-commerce with small displays kept for interested people. But in hindsight, the comment then that will come up from the public is "Look at this kanjoos company. They sell a car for 10 lakhs and can't even have a proper showroom. Maruti displays even their 3 lakh priced cars in a nice showroom". Its all about status, hype and mindset. I'm afraid the e-commerce way would never work unless it is a Ferrari or a Rolls where the brand is everything and people will book just by knowing what's coming and seen on the website.
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Another option is to appoint DSAs to market and offer customers car options via SMS marketing and offering cheaper bank loan options through tie-ups. The phone companies sell considerable no. of connections via this model.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Tata Sons in their Annual Leadership Summit had Cyrus Mistry announce a major e-commerce (marketplace model) foray yesterday. It would be surprising if, following on Tata Housing's pioneering of on-line apartment/villa sales on-line, that does not include Tata Motors (and Fiat/FCA? others?) too.

@asimpleson

Yes, great idea, a direct sales approach based on paid agents who're incentivized to build a 'private inter-personal network' and gather information about who's looking to buy a car, and of what type/brand with what needs and desires and budget....(good quality) information that would otherwise be very hard to get, and harder to act-on?

btw, all well?, where'v you been sir?:)
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @prabhjot, been visiting the forum, just not too often. :)

Given that sales and marketing is a full fledged (full time) activity, the company also owns a lot of responsibility to always stay in news for the new or upcoming products or technology bragging and all. Maybe the talent and also the initiative from top brass is lacking. Where are the Campaigns as such; not merely the routine advertisments in print that so many people choose to ignore.

Dealerships could use some help in professional management and HR guidelines for the sales staff hirings. Or if its already there its clearly not sufficient. The only reason cars sell in volume certain models is visibility on road and word of mouth publicity and enquiry. You got to use bollywood and tollywood to showcase your best. The Abarths could work in Dhoom 4-5 and such. Even some share of publicity in Fast and Furious series will affect global sales. Like the following.

mini.jpg
  8. Rajhans

Rajhans Novizio

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Extremely disappointed to know that Fiat Pandit is closing operations. From my own experience with bavdhan service center they were a great bunch of folks who used to go out of their way and help promptly on any matter.
    I have had experience with maruti, hyundai also and I can safely say that bavdhan service center folks were among the best.
    It does not take long for our vehicle to get ruined in no time due to bad servicing being done and there are enough of such service centers out there. Bavdhan was among the few ones which genuinely addressed problems. Their service center was also quite spacious.
    I hope the good folks out their like Rahul, Babar etc...get their due and join Jay Vijay which I come to understand are now FASS.
    As everyone has been mentioning, I am worried how these new folks handle my vehicle for servicing. I have not heard any good feedback about them. This really is a worrying scenario.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rajhans

@Tornado has had a few decent experiences with JayVijay, and so pessimism/worry may, hopefully, prove to have been (much too?) excessive?

cheers
    Rajhans likes this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    4 days back, I had gone to JV for replacement of a part under warranty. They proactively replaced other parts also as per FCA orders to avoid future rattles.

Thereafter, I have received multiple calls from them for feed back & functioning of the new parts. I must say, they are providing goodASS, almost similar to MASS.
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.