1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Pandit Pune Closing operation in September

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by MakeTheMove, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I just enquired with two of friends who got their Avventuras serviced & got spare wheel gate lock replaced at JV under warranty , they said that the experience was satisfactory.
    Also, one of my known person got a petrol punto with a discount of Rs 1.5 L!! @JV, Pune.
    So really, do you feel that the. Fiat car owners are left destitute due to Pandit closure?

FCA doesn't, and ideally should not interfere if a dealer is offering extra discounts as compared to other dealers. Mefeels, offering extra discounts of few thousands on dealer level & selling the car within reasonable time is good move for low selling cars rather than selling the car with discounts worth lakhs after she remains unsold at stockyards for a year so!!

Also, the reason cited by one of the employee of Pandit that FCA allowed a new dealership in the form of JV just two km from them which marred their sales, seems to be lame excuse because in that case Pandits could have easily shifted their showroom to Bavdhan near their FASS on NH4. As it is, according to same Pandit employee, Pandits were willing to continue as FASS.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro I don't think that shifting the dealership is a piece of cake! Moreover Pandit's present showroom is at a much better location, in the heart of the city with a better visibility.

I just feel that at least they should have allowed Pandit to continue with their ASS. As it is the bulk of profit comes from dealership, don't know why Fiat had problems with this. So in a way it would have been the best compromise for Fiat : JV dealership (giving them better sales than others) + Pandit ASS( giving their customers the best service).
  3. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Am so confused, am going to buy my first fiat in november but all these news, making me feel terrible about my decision.
  4. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Not to Worry Bro. Your best bet to know about Fiat and Fiat service in your region is @S A SHAH. He will guide you.
    S A SHAH and Amit Rox like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Amit Rox

Whatever we may either speculate or prognosticate or expect or hope or project: the empirical evidence, ALL of it, suggests that FCA is (a) profitable in India, probably increasingly so (b) is investing a lot for Jeep + new engines + with tata + for Maruti etc and (c) is still commited to their plan announced last year, and the year before that too, for Fiat-branded cars: Abarth t-jet Punto etc, plus all-new Avventura in 2016 end, all-new Punto in 2017, all-new grand sienna sedan in 2017/18.

There is NO evidence, not a shred of it, that our projected-high-expectations/hopes-for sales-popularity which leads to bitter commentary when faced with their un-realistic nature.....is making FCA deviate from that plan. Including for and about dealers and ASS provision, etc.

Mefeels buying a Fiat, say the Avventura t-jet, in Jammu/Srinagar is a good bet to take, although it is a bet, it has no utter-certainty of this that and the other (resale, always superduperperfect service and spares....) but it's still a good bet to take, imo. Odds are very decent.....and the cost of the bet is low, so I wouldn't fear too much, if I were you!

Because, whether it leads to monthly sales multiplying hugely or not, and imo they will not for 5 years at least, all the empirical evidence, ALL of it, says that FCA remains commited to their plan, including for dealers etc.

We can vehemently disagree with and scorn the plan, demanding double the number of models and triple the number of ASS centres etc, but that's our projections onto them: all they can do is to commit to a plan, make the promise and then STICK TO IT, more or less.

Which, I think it's clear and true: they HAVE indeed done over the last 2 years. More. Or less.

You will notice that the Pandit dealership closure has been together with the launch of a new FASS+dealer, who seems serious enough, maybe?

NEVER let the idle 'expert, ceo, savvy consumer-cum-business strategist' chatter of Fiat fans and owners about sales figures etc put you off! I've been hearing it for almost a decade and it's yet to prove itself to be a difficult or even notable 'issue' with Fiat sales or spares or service for me and my dad too, who between us have bought and serviced 4 Fiats over the last 6 odd years.

cheers

PS: if you remain nervous about the good bet on Fiat, given your J&K location, perhaps a tata zest of Bolt, with the Fiat engine and transmission, might suit you better?
  6. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    you have no idea how badly I want own a fiat. Lol
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Amit Rox, don't get confused, before pandit could close, two new dealerships & FASS have started their operations in the area where pandit was serving, oneJay Vijay, 2 km from Pandits other krishna fiat Satara 100 km from Pandits.

And obviously, Jammu has nothing to do do with fiats Pune sales & service.
    prabhjot and Amit Rox like this.
  8. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My only fear here is the shutting down of single existing FASS in my city.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    See @Amit Rox : the thing is it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy if everyone in J&K does the same thing. i.e., not because it was likely or inevitable but because of the risk-averse fear that that it MAY be!

There's some risk, not very great I wouldn't think. Perhaps you should do a little research on the Jammu dealer's financial quality and reputation and marketing diligence/commitment towards Fiat sales?

Perhaps, a smaller-town dealer would be less likely to close down, since (a) he faces no competition in the entire state (b) his labour and esp real-estate costs are MUCH MUCH lower than say Pandit in Pune or Kashyap in Delhi? Just saying, I don't know for sure, but who does?

I guess it's a function of how much you trust Fiat's commitment to their 'plan' which they've adhered to pretty well and as promised, in my opinion, thus far. But trust-because-of-risk is essential, else you'll never be able to even get close-to seriously considering a Fiat say, or even a Nissan or Skoda or VW?
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Well, well well, J&k is hilly terrain, nothing can handle it better than Fiat in that price range.(atleast in MH Sahyadri ranges, available roads can be ruled only by Punto, Avventura & Linea in this price range)
    AFA Jammu dealer FASS is concerned, he is enjoying monopoly,why he will close down unless fiat provides a competition in the same city?