1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Panda Coming To India Mid-2012 - EDIT : Mid 2013

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Sep 16, 2011.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Went to the absolute edition launch at my city today.. though it was an utterly boring event, The showroom CEO was very positive about the launch of some future products along with the opening of new showroom in the next financial year..
  2. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Yep the event was boring....esp the magic guy..da but dont frget about the food and the gift u got...:p
    1 person likes this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All credits to you for the invite, food, a box of chocolates n other gifts :) :D Danke schön !!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Gift ?? Any fiat collectible ?
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Fiat will be making the biggest blunder of their lives by bringing the Panda 4X4 here. The 4X4 system will be costly to install and will take the Panda into Punto top end territory where it will, logically, die. Besides, most of the SUV's bought here are 2X2 variant's, how many people will go in for a 4X4 small hatcback?!

I doubt Fiat will launch the Panda here. They have to localise the car heavily to get the pricing into Wagon R territory, maybe charge 20K premium over the Wagon R for superior build & driving dynamics but anything more and it will struggle to sell. Anyway, Fiat India is not capable of handling such a mass market car. To localise parts they have to sell 10-12K units monthly for vendors to show interest. Do we seriously believe Fiat has the capability of sell that many cars every month? And how will they handle the service part? They struggle to give decent service with 600 car's sold every month.

A small car like the Panda or BRIC specific one that Fiat is developing is a car companies like Fiat should have. These car's are bought by first time young car buyer's and if these buyer's are happy with the product and service then they will stick to Fiat and buy the Punto / Linea when they upgrade. Essentially, you have a confirmed buyer 3-5 years down the line if you manage to keep them happy. Tough task for Fiat in managing that as well.
    4 people like this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Launching 4x4 Panda at first instance does not make any sense to me. First FIAT should build a brand Panda in India and then after one years they should launch 4x4 version.

I will be test driving Panda here in UK and will share review with you guys. :)
  7. venka

venka BANNED