1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Panda Coming To India Mid-2012 - EDIT : Mid 2013

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Sep 16, 2011.

1. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Had been to a Fiat showroom over the weekend to get some accessories fitted. Came to know from the sales person that Panda is coming next year; so is Bravo. Unfortunately, there wont be many takers for Bravo I reckon as it is coming through the CBU route which means it will be very expensive.

Also, came to know that face-lifted Punto, probably Punto Evo, will be launched sometime this year. If Fiat retains the same interior as in the Euorpean version, then this car will have many takers for it and will change the perception that Punto's interiors are not exciting.

Good luck Fiat, bring it on ASAP.
    4 people like this.
  2. mayank

mayank Amatore

Thats a very good news if it comes true then there will be some sort of good things happening for fiat for sure!! and I think if they have to put it in a lower segment then they "might think" of launching it with the 1.0 version of Mjd which is right now running in chev. beat!
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    How reliable is this salesperson's knowledge? The Panda coming here is highly unlikely. Fiat is in the process of launching their new small car in 2013. It is this new small car and not Panda that will be seen in India unless Fiat names this new BRIC specific small car the Panda.

Punto evo is needed here asap and unlike the 2012 model range, I hope Fiat works on a new gearbox for the Evo. Apart from the interior's, the stamp of the Punto being sluggish in lower gear's also has to be removed.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    +1000 to What Amit Mentions. For God sake get the gearbox used in the European version Punto which has numbers as good as the Swift (so called performance benchmark). But somehow always found the Swift to be a pain inside the city and more so with bumper to bumper traffic.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Even i heard rumors about panda to be launched in India.. But later on market analysis the car was found not too pleasing with Indian taste, and so was removed..
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    That was the Uno.

Of course, the new Panda has been Uno'fied so if Indian's didnt take a liking to the Uno then maybe they would'nt have liked the new Panda either although I don't understand how, if, Indians accept the Wagon R & Zen Estilo then what made the Uno not acceptable to them.

New Panda.jpg

Uno Image courtsey: Business Standard Motoring.

Panda Image courtsey: bestsellingcarsblog.com via Google images.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

They should make panda 1.3 mjd with 75 hp and the small car with the 1.0 liter mjd that currently is in Chevy beat....

Then they can advertise it as the cheapest diesel car in India and can find a way to enter the top 5 sales every month..... They have to price it well though...people buy figo just Bcoz its cheap.

The panda cannot be powered by a 1.0 litre engine Bcoz the body is made of some kind of high toughened steel that is very heavy.....
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

+1 to that....
  9. bartleboom80

10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I heard Panda 4X4 might be the first launch after Fiat completes its separation with Tata on Dealership and Service centers. So may be sometime in 2nd half of 2013.
    3 people like this.