1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Panda Coming To India Mid-2012 - EDIT : Mid 2013

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Sep 16, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Fiat India after the small tiff between Tata have gone on a single way through their own showrooms will have tough times as the company has very less offerings to the buyers, two to be specific both of which look the same – The Punto and the Linea both of which are doing no good for Fiat. If this trend continues it would take Fiat back to their old days and they will finally have to make an exit. In an desperate attempt to enter the market again with a new product Fiat is planning the ‘Panda’ for India. The Fiat Panda has a history of 30 years, back in 1980 Panda has been a major break through for Fiat and it sold like hot cakes.
    Following the first gen, the second generation Panda made its debut in 2003 which also did a decent job for Fiat and most importantly it set a base for Fiat 500. At Frankfurt Fiat showcased the third and the latest version of the Panda which is expected to make its Indian debut in mid-2012. With Panda, Fiat will enter the mass market which is pretty much dominated by the Maruti Suzuki camp. Looking at the Panda from the exterior itself it looks much better than any of the Maruti cars in its segment. Inside the car the whole setup and buttons look perfect and refreshing new. Under the hood there are not less than six engine option out of which we can expect one petrol and one diesel engine to make its way in India.
    All powerplants will be offered at launch with a five-speed manual gearbox, with a semiautomatic “Dualogic” becoming an choice later. In 2012, an obstacle detection system that operates below 30 km/h and can automatically apply the brakes if the driver doesn’t intervene will also become available. The Nuova Panda will be available in three trim levels, 10 body colors and four different interiors, subsequent in 600 possible different combinations. Production will commence in November at Fiat’s Naples factory.

Here is the Source
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

If this really happens then good for FIAT, else bad for us. We would soon see FIAT closing down. Maybe they will have their engine manufacturing unit alone. No offenses meant. Just the emotional feeling of a broken hearted FIAT fan.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It will be perfect step if Fiat launched the Panda if not the 3rd Generation, let the Uno Nova flow in India, Any news about the Small car from FIAT, should have been in the news by now, as every one is bussy in launching their new products for this festive seasons,,,,
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Thanx for sharing Kdar.I guess this is the small car that FIAT is gonna bring out soon.Engine capacity??
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Thanks for the post Kdar. i would be certainly good news to see new offerings from Fiat in India.

Coupled with Fiat's sold build, if a simple list of millenial features is retained from the European version, this should be a good deal getter for Fiat in India.
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Hmm... good one! Now, the line up should be as follows: Face-lifted punto or punto evo, CBU (probably BRAVO), small car (MIO), then finally Panda in mid 2012! So that makes it, Mio, Panda, Punto, Linea and Bravo!!! Wish the Panda could kick out the sales figure of wagon-r, i-10, beatz nd the rest! Now i wonder where the New Palio would fit in?!?!??? With Mio, Panda and Punto, if Fiat brings in the new palio, where would it be positioned? Or it should be only the Panda and never Palio! :(
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think so Panda is the small car for FIAT! The FIAT's small car will be positioned in the A-segment! And Panda should belong to the B-segment! Hopefully it doesn't enter B+ and spoil Punto! But Panda definitely won't be in the A-segment! So, def this won't be the small car by Fiat! :)
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Why will production commence in Napoli? Is it going to be imported?
  9. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Good news Kedar. But i feel they should launch Novo Palio or Mio first because both are having new generation look.
    Panda is having comparatively retro look. But just a opinion. Who knows it may outsell WagenR. people have bored with WagenR
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i have mixed feelings about this. i really doubt panda will sell at all looking at the current state of fiat. they are not able to sell the most gorgoeus looking a VFM products like punto and linea, i wonder how they will manage to sell panda.

they need to come up a long way before they start launching new models.