1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat palio suspension problem

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by jks, Oct 18, 2015.

1. jks

jks Timido

Hi friends
    I have a Fiat Palio NV 2006 model... For close to a year I have problem with front suspension . The syptom is thud thud sound from the front when ever going through uneven roads.. ALso scrapping the underbody when crossing a hump.... Recently I have gone to chamarajpet [bangalore] so I shown the vehicle to vijayakumar sir(hariprasad auto) he said replacing this would be costly but I can drive with out any problem.. for change of suspension he quoted 25k because he said everything need to be changed no parts alone can replaced.... Yesterday my friend took the car and because of this sound he shown this to a local mechanic near HAL and he advised it is very risky to drive this car and if you use drive axle may break and all..
    I am frightened by his statement... I saw in 99rpm parts are available separately.. MY use is occasional and city drive only.. i need some advise from you expert's

Is it dangerous to drive palio when suspension is have problem
    any other mechanic who can help me in evaluating which part is having problem and if I source it from 99rpm he can help me fit it..
    or any other cost effective options so that i can retain my fiat in glory.. honestly i dont want to sell it even if I buy another car :)

please help me

2. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Buy excel power struts. They are ~3.8K-4K from Shello Automobiles at JC Road. OEM struts are 16K a pair.