1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Palio S10 Engine Breakdown

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by arnab1972, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

really sorry to see this situation. I dnt have words to describe.!!!
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Sorry to hear this. May be if you could look around, you might be able to get a second hand engine for your car and for around 50K, you could use the car for a few more years.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

If the insurance company doesnt know already, Total the car and claim insurance....!!!!!
  4. Dear All,

There is no way to get a replacement Engine which may ensure safety and reliability(???). Fiat Group has failed and therefore there is no true solution.

Moreover, Comprehensive Insurance Policy does not cover any mechanical fault.

The incident and failure of Fiat Group will haunt me and my family forever and we have decided to keep away from Fiat and Tata Cars in future.

5. Dear All,

I appreciate and welcome all of your different views and thoughts.

Current Indian Automobile Scenario:

1)Each Automobile Companies insists or takes necessary measures for providing recommended Spares parts and Accesorries through their Authorised Service Centres.

It is Customers choice to accept the same or deny and move elsewhere i.e to any outside Garrage. There is no guarantee or reliability of Parts in outside Garrage (a disputed issue).

2) No Automobile Companies provide Replacement Engine(We keep aside the Free of Cost issue) in any instance. Why? What is the problem? Why the Customer will be forced to accept for rebuild of the Engine? If the Customer doesn't accept the high cost of rebuild of the Engine and reliability of the work through Authorised Service Centre,what is the alternative? Is the Customer has to scrap the Vehicle or search madly for a reconditioned/refurbished Engine from the Chor Bazaar or from an accident Vehicle?

3) Presently all must have noticed how the automobile Companies are discontinuing/refining existing models and coming up with new models. The average gap of discontinuing/refinement is 4-6 years. What is the time limit of availability of Spares?So should we consider the life of a vehicle as 6-7 Years? Are the Customers being forced to go for regular replacement of Vehicles?

The above is my view points only which may not be accepted by most Indian Consumers as most of us do not have time to think and act accordingly due to our busy life schedule.

6. I don't remember who but someone posted a video over here titled "made for dump". It's about how new products are made to be replaced every few years rather than serving for a long duration. Take case with computers or any electronic gadget, anything you buy will get obsolete within a couple of months if not a year.As purchasing power of Indians improve more expensive goods come into this category.Sooner or later cars/engines will also fall in this category.I guess there is nothing we can do about it. anyone ?
  7. You can't say it's death of a S10 so easily. Now what if I offer you an exchange of my 1.2 Palio, superb condition with your S10????? i am sure I can get this car back on track but yea it needs some investment for sure. and could you please post some pics of you S10. Thanks
  8. Dear All,

What all can I do against the system?

I have to accept it silently.