1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Palio S10 #314 comes home! :D

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by kailasmenon2000, Jan 20, 2015.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Excited to inform you all that I acquired the most desirable beauty Fiat Palio S10 #314 on Dec 3rd, 2014. Will post the details about the buying & my experience with the car soon. Here are few pics to begin with.

1.jpg 3.jpg

2.jpg
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Heartiest congratulations on the buy. Its seems Palio is back in reckoning with many Fiat owners opting to buy Palio. We need more information on the buying process.

The first pic is absolutely fantastic.
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thank you ghodlur...Its a gem of a car. I'll pen down the details soon :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 20, 2015 ---
    From the childhood days of my life with Premier Padmini (1990-1998) & Fiat Uno (1998-2003), I had an affection towards the brand Fiat. That made me buy Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD when I started earning myself. But never in my dreams I had plans to buy a Palio. In my mind it was like an outdated & troublesome car. Few of my friends had bought used Palios for cheap price as it has low market value. They had always told me that its a great car to ride, but tough to maintain due to the poor dealer support. But all my perceptions towards Palio changed couple of years back when I saw few pics of a modded S10 owned by someone from Cochin. And recently I managed to drive a friend's S10 too. It was an instant love! But still I didn't think of buying it as I was not ready to take the pain of maintaining it.

One fine day, when I was in Kerala for my wedding, I got a whatsapp message from fellow Fiatian Nimish Antony. It was the link of an ad posted in tbhp classifieds. To my surprise it was a S10, single owner, run 65k for a price tag of Rs.1,20,000. Here are the pics from tbhp ad. It was really tempting!

11700_10152480330214149_1150410544322360189_n.jpg 10404382_10152480330234149_8851777968617474892_n.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Bingo. :woot:

Good to see one more S10 on TFI and Kailas congratulations for aquiring rare beauty or should I say a beast. :vamp:

Does the require any work, if yes please share the restoration tale with us.
    kailasmenon2000 and prabhjot like this.
  5. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    First let me congratulate for your wedding Kailash :) welcome to married man club.

Glad that you got Palio S10, one heck of a car, happy miles ahead. Is there any work to be carried out ? Or the car is in excellent condition?
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations sir. You made me nostalgic somewhat :)

That's definitely one of the hot hatches on our roads, even now I think it can put to shame many so-called hot hatches and many sedans for sure.
    A 1.6 liter naturally aspirated engine belting out 100 horses, launched about a decade ago, it was ahead of its time. But found many enthusiasts.

I had almost finalized one in 2013 but decided against it due to parking issues at m place :(
    But I am still looking out and might definitely buy one. A bit confused between the Uno and Palio. I have always admired the Uno, like you. My friend had one and boy it was a diesel rocket with a 1.t liter engine under its small hood, always used to bring a smile on my face after a ride.

Take good care of her and wishing you many happy miles.
    Keep the updates coming.

Cheers
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @kailasmenon2000

Brilliant, fantastic of/for you! Your car is a classic and a deserving cult-car, and that too in so many different ways. Sweet. Fast. Solid. Ageless. Will you have it maintained at FASS?

btw, I guess you know this already but anyways: the Indian Punto (Evo) and the Linea are on the Palio platform, NOT on the SCSS/Opel/GM platform like their Euro/Turkish avatars. i.e., what you have is a chassis (and, arguably, suspension architecture?) that is STILL the best in this mass-market, by a margin!

cheers
  8. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thank you Kedar. Yes indeed its a beast. Im totally in love with it. Apart from few cosmetic issues, the car is in perfect condition. Engine is butter smooth. No mechanical works required for the time being.
    Thank you Crazy Fiatian...I'm planning to strip & repaint the car completely. Also I've changed the headlights as it was dull. Apart from that nothing major.
    Thanks a lot Girish. Yes its a great machine. If you are looking for S10, let me know. I've come across another one for a very decent price in Kerala. Even I have plans to trace down the old Uno my dad sold in 2003. I miss that car a lot as it was a part of our life those days.
    Thanks a lot prabjot. Yes the car was maintained at FASS.. And it was owned by an enthusiast, but the car was completely un abused. And thanks for the info related to Palio, Punto & Linea :)
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    GirishRaghu and prabhjot like this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @kailasmenon2000 !! Thats a good maintained one, it seems. Suddenly our forum has seen an influx of Palio's!

With gradual outreach of FASS, we can only expect better times :)
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats @kailasmenon2000 for buying the (collectible edition) Palio S10. Now, do stay more active of TFI radar bro..! ;)