1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Palio 1.9D Injection Pump / Loss of Performance

Discussion in 'Technical' started by KVRFiat, Aug 14, 2015.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    1.9Ds have been fitted with mechanical fuel pumps. In case it interests people check > here. <
  2. rish_fiatpalio

rish_fiatpalio Timido

GB
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    hi @KVRFiat any updates? Sorry to hear the light crept up again. Hope you find a solution soon.
  3. R Rajesh

R Rajesh Novizio

Salem
    salem
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi KVR Find a Bosch car service center at a nearby place and make a scan. Delete any errors found.Or replace the sensors as detected . this is what I did and replace the crank sensor and the inlet air tenperature sensor by the help of the bosch car service.
  4. rish_fiatpalio

rish_fiatpalio Timido

GB
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @R Rajesh .... Yours is a fiat Palio 1.9d?
  5. R Rajesh

R Rajesh Novizio

Salem
    salem
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    It was before.Now it is 1.3 one in t nadu and other in jharkand.
  6. rish_fiatpalio

rish_fiatpalio Timido

GB
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    What was the cost involved do you remember ?
  7. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Near Shoba Apartments, Kanakapura Road
    Bengaluru
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Team, The fuel pump issue resolved Thanks to Rajesh!!.. as suggested I have ordered Diesel filter from 99rpm Rs 2825, and fixed myself, it took just 15 minutes. Initially took some time to start the car because the filter was empty. It started after 4 starts, I should have filled the filter with diesel before fixing. 800 kms completed, till now no issues, starting immediately no fuel pump light problems. Started filling Shell Diesel only.

There is one more issue which is bothering me. Looks like there is a leakage in Coolant Thermostat, sometimes engine temperature needle moves above the half mark, especially during slow movement in the Citi traffic and also while driving to higher elevation, with AC on in both the cases.
    I checked in 99rpm site, it discontinued, where can I find the original Coolant Thermostat in India? I am searching in Bangalore shops till now not succeeded.
    rish_fiatpalio and Raaz like this.
  8. rish_fiatpalio

rish_fiatpalio Timido

GB
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Great to know your problem got resolved! Previously it was not starting in one go?