1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Palio 1.9D Injection Pump / Loss of Performance

Discussion in 'Technical' started by KVRFiat, Aug 14, 2015.

1. R Rajesh

R Rajesh Novizio

Salem
    salem
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    For this problem kindly replace the fuel filter(geniune one) first.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Show the pump to Delphi diesel injection service center in your city.
  3. rish_fiatpalio

rish_fiatpalio Timido

GB
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    How much did clutch plate and release bearing change cost you including labour?
  4. rish_fiatpalio

rish_fiatpalio Timido

GB
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Can u please tell the position of speedometer sensor. Mechanic is visiting today.
  5. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Near Shoba Apartments, Kanakapura Road
    Bengaluru
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Rishi_fiatpalio...How much did clutch plate and release bearing change cost you including labour? -- Cost is 8584 clutch kit and release bearing +1200 is labour.

You can find the speedometer position in this link http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/speedometer-sensor-palio-petra-adventure-stile.html
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 23, 2015 ---
    @asimpleson.. Sorry was not checking the emails regularly.. Fuel pump light started appearing during first starting. I need to start and stop engine twice to start the engine as usual. First time sound is wired and lot of smoke from exhaust, as suggested by @ R Rajesh, I have ordered Diesel filter from 99rpm. I am planning to change the sensors if filter change does not fix the problem. I do not want to sell this car, last week replaced Front Suspension struts except springs. costed 21000 including labour.

Please share the contact details of Michael at RS Motors, Mumbai or address if possible.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If engine is good and body isn't rusty no reason you should sell. 2T oil cannot repair fuel pump damage but worth trying at every fuel top up. RS Motors mumbai kandivali is there on justdial. Do call there and ask for him. Call back if busy. Hindi speaking Michael remember that.
  7. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Bengaluru
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @asimpleson, Thanks for the quick response, I will call him and update the progress of fixing the pump issues.
  8. rish_fiatpalio

rish_fiatpalio Timido

GB
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @KVRFiat Hi Sir.. I tried removing and refitting the speedometer sensor but to no use. My heart broke when that also didn't solve the problem. The clutch replacement I am putting off till the check light issue is resolved.
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi @KVRFiat,

From your Pic, Is that the indicator for Fuel Pump ? I think that is a General CEL (Check Engine Light ). and not the Injector Light.
    Did you get a scan done . What does the Error say ?
  10. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Bengaluru
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @Sujit508, I have not posted any pics, that may be from @rish_fiatpalio...I started getting check engine light..That is reference to fuel pump, the same issue i had in 2011, by changing sensor in fuel pump the problem was resolved. 2015 around July came back and disappeared after changing the clutch plate. After 5 months of run with 11 thousand kilometres getting again.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2015 ---
    @rish_fiatpalio, I am in the same situation now, finding out the alternatives to fix the check engine light problem(fuel pump sensors problem). Will let you know once it is fixed.
    rish_fiatpalio and Sujit508 like this.