1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Palio 1.9D 12/2014, Registered 03/2015

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by KVRFiat, Aug 4, 2015.

1. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Near Shoba Apartments, Kanakapura Road
    Bengaluru
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Team, I am Fiat fan joined TFI forum very late..Today is auspicious I guess...:happy:

Loved and still Loving my first car 1.9D Silver.. I still love this beauty. After three major accidents and 1 time hitting divider, many repairs and experiments with different workshops. I am still using this beauty for daily commute 58.5 Kms 2 way. From last 1 month reduced usage due to multiple problems, NO BREAKDOWN in 10.5 Years. Started using my wife's Hyundai i10 Sportz AUTO for 3 to 4 days a week. I will explain the owner ship experience later, lot needs to write.

I have decided to go for New one...as usual Fiat ..Not looking for any other cars..
    Need your feedback on which one to choose or shall I wait for T-Jet option in Punto or 1.6 MJD on Linea.
    This is going to be my personal and daily commute car City( Average 20 days * 58.5 = ~1170 and Highway( around ~500 to 800 kms per Month).

I did a test drive on New Linea T-Jet, 1.3 and 90hp Punto EVO. No doubt T-Jet Impressed me, but as I said looking for daily commute. 1.3 with 197@1750 and Interior with soft seats impressed me. But I was not able to get complete feel of 90HP, may be this should have impressed me in Highway. Interior Black package make me think on this variant.
    I need your suggestion to choose from or wait for some more days...

1.9d offered 75K on exchange, I did not agree, because it was running fine 4 months ago. Now front left bearings are making sound, ordered a pair from 99rpm. Looks like Diesel Injection Pump problem re-occurred, fine after one stop and start..ODM now is 152568.
    Anup and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    You are right when you said, that you didn't get a proper feel of 90 hp as you didn't drive it on a highway. That is where the car shines. I own a 90 HP that I bought 4 months ago and have done around 10 Pune-Mumbai-Pune trips on the Expressway and can vouch for its superb performance, stability and road manners. The all black interiors are also an add on, that look great and are easy on maintenance.

On the other hand, gears are better tuned for city driving in the 75 bhp version and it feels a little peppier in city, although the difference isn't much , thanks to the latest ECU update for the 90 HP that has done wonders as far as city drivability is concerned.

Also, check the Avvy D (if in budget), its drivability is better in the city, when compared to the Punto 90 HP and has the SUVish DNA written all over it.

Linea T-JET is another sensible option if FE isnt a very big concern. Its the most fun to drive Fiat currently. Although, this tag would be taken by the Punto Abarth, that is getting launched today, with crazy performance. So, its your take totally :D
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @KVRFiat

Your title is most confusing. For a moment I thought I would be reading a 1.9D review and was disappointed. Can I request you to start 2 different thread - one for the 1.9D and second one for the query? Can you pls post the pics of the 1.9D please just to satisfy our visual senses?

Anyways coming to your query, your daily running warrants a diesel car. I would suggest to have a second TD of the 90HP evo. But since the T-jet impressed you and you looking for the same option in the Punto, you will have to wait till Diwali for the official release.

Would suggest you to have a look at the Avventura too. A sure shot looker on the roads with good road presence. Furthermore it has a better tuned engine than the Evo 90HP.
  4. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Near Shoba Apartments, Kanakapura Road
    Bengaluru
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Team, Thanks for your feedback, as suggested I will move to different thread.