1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Palio 1.3 multijet overheating

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by praveenmohan84, Jul 10, 2014.

1. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
    Hi all,
    We finally found out the issue, the car is overheating since the oil circulation is not proper.. its popping out the oil indicator. Once the car is pushed to 1.5 rpm then it goes off.. so causing over heating and all.. mechanic is checking the main shaft.. he thinks that there may be problem in that... anyone by chance tell me what is the cost of the main shaft...
  2. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
    Hi all,
    Finally i have fixed my beauty...
    Here are some pics of it..

20140906_111132.jpg

20140906_111112.jpg

20140906_111132.jpg
    Anup likes this.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Pls elaborate how you fixed it after all the woes you went thru. What was the breakthrough element:)

Abdul
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    If the oil is thinning, then use 20W-40. It will be more viscous in its operating range.

abdul
  5. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
    Hi abdul ,
    We checked all possible ways and a technitian in ramkay fiat told us it might be due to a faulty oil filter.. in the oil filtwr unit where the oil filter is fitted there is a valve .. with a spring mechanism.. if the spring is not fully pressed the valvr will not open it seems leading to less oil circulation. He asked us to change the oil filter with the OEM part.. tht we purchased from thm.. so as the problem is fixed.. originally.. the old mechanic altered the oil filter of swift.. so created a lot of issues
    mchanna likes this.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I feel good for u praveen. A case of needle in the haystack.

Abdul
    praveenmohan84 likes this.