1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Palio 1.3 multijet overheating

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by praveenmohan84, Jul 10, 2014.

1. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
    My car is presently in chennai. I had to tow it back from madurai.. i got the main shaft,block,pistons,oil pump replaced.. and head was taken out and valves are changed too... i have even replaced the turbo as well... its all new.. but i got it fixed by the mechanic near by.. since it was too costly in FASS.. he had done a good work,since he is very experienced.. but some niggling issues are still there in my car.. like its continiously jerking in low speeds.. and i have to shift down more often.. this i have not noticed previously..and car is heating some time.. the mechanic says since the block is re-worked it causes heating.. I too can understand what he says..but some times the ecm light glows up in the dash.. i am currently confused why this issue is coming...
  2. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
    I am attaching the list that FASS has asked me to change...

20140701_132709.jpg

20140701_132640.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Is this the quote or entire parts list changed ? oh dear me! You would be better off selling this rather than going through these expenses for a 6+ years car. Something is not adding up going through your descriptions. How many problems have been diagnosed and at what point. Are you sure prior mentioned parts have undergone change. Did you by any chance supervise these mentioned parts being changed or overhauled?

Somebody, some mechanic has botched up this car's internals badly at some point. Sorry for the skepticism.
  4. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
    I am sure it has been changed.. the issue is to make the car to a running condition.. we had to change all these...
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    You can also approach an experienced mechanic from Maruti as these engines are well known to them. TATA mechs too.

Abdul
  6. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
    This is the quote from FASS.. but i have already changed all of these from after market. Since i love this car.. i am spending like a mad guy.. and the mechanics are feeling advantage of it.. the previous guy who spoiled my car almost got 85k for nothing and the car was totally unable to drive... now it is fine because i got a experienced mechanic.. but small niggling issues...
  7. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
    @ jummu
    I tried all.. they said they will not look into Fiat palio especially... i feld bad and i am not ready to spoil it again.
  8. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
  9. praveenmohan84

praveenmohan84 Timido

Chennai
    My beast being held at workshop...
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I would suggest you speak to one Tensingh of TAFE Reach. You can get a second opinion from him and i guess it will be worthwhile. PM me if you need more assistance in this regard

Abdul
    praveenmohan84 likes this.