1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Offers

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by limraj, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai Get it from Maharashtra or from Kerala.
    Get a Temp Registration done in the state and then drive to Goa and get registration done in Goa. You have to pay entry tax.

If you are selling an old car of yours transfer the NCB (No claim Bonus) insurance of that car to the new one.
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I am offered 20,000 cash discount
    + 37,000 insurance free
    + 10,000 dealer's discount.
    For Punto Evo 90 HP. It's good enough I believe. What do you guys think?
    @KPR @Turbothinghy @PradeepM @Subhendusc
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Aniket Dessai, any acceories being added as freebies. Close to 70k looks fine, what's the final OTR. Also 37k for insurance seems to be blotted number and for that figure quoted it better be nil depreciation. Please let us know.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai Be careful with insurance. Just don't accept if it is not a bumper to bumper or zero dep type of insurance. These guys just cheat customers by getting a simple basic insurance.
  5. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    37,000 Rs premium for Punto looks impossible. Comprehensive Insurance premium is normally 3.191% of the ex showroom price (plus the third party premium and applicable taxes). Do the maths and ask for the break-up of the premium. You can also ask the dealer to provide the same amount as discount and arrange for the insurance yourself.
  6. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai I did my own car insurance. It is always cheap.
    Get the 37,000/- as discount.
    Do your own bumper to bumper Zero dep insurance. For Punto it cannot be 37,000/-.
    The discount of around 67,000/- is quite good.
  7. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I asked the dealer about the insurance thing. He said it's mandatory to buy from them because of the offer. Bumper to bumper will reduce the discount by 5000. Comprehensive insurance from bharti axa or reliance is what they give.
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just negotiate with him. Hold fort. Get a quote from online for bumper to bumper for punto 90 HP. Call / mail some insurance agencies and get a quote. You will be astonished. These dealers add all the brokerage / commission for insurance on customer's head. Just tell him you cannot reduce 5k.
  9. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai No such rule. Get your insurance outside. When I got my GP 90 HP the comprehensive insurance cost only 12 K I guess to Fiat. I did figure that out and I was getting close to 80 K discount and on further calculations I did figure out that the dealership was hardly making any loss. They made money by quoting a lower price in the bill so the road tax was lesser. They made a cool 10 K there. So irrespective of the discounts offered I did figure out that they were still making money on the deal. I did confront them and they agreed that they have to do it all to make sure they do not have any loss in the deal. Especially with Fiat providing these discounts the dealers just pass it on to the customers. I made sure that the insurance had the correct price of the car so that I don not lose money later on due to less declared value. At the end since they stuck to the final price where I was getting 80 K odd discount so I let it go.

Please get quotes from outside. Zero dep should cost around 25 K. Mine is 17 K with zero dep and no claim bonus for second year. The value is 6.5 lacs for the second year. Get the best quotes and ask them to match it or better it. If not tell them that you have no option but to take insurance outside. Be a little stern they will oblige or let you buy from outside.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    We had a detailed discussion in TFI on this matter. However, I was unable to locate it.

Yes, you can get the car from KA or MH with to GOA and register it new in Goa in your name.