1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT OEM Remote locking for Active variant- Does it Autolock after 30 seconds?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 15, 2014.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have a FIAT Grande Punto Active 2013 model that is equipped with a manual central locking already.

The major issue with every aftermarket remote locking is that the doors autolock after 30 seconds even if the key is inside. This is what I have been told by my friend at FASC that even Fiat remote locking key has this autolock function.

In Punto Emotion and Punto Dynamic, i.e. the models with inbuilt remote locking having a desmodronic foldable key, there is no such nuisance.

The only time it autolocks (in Dynamic and Emotion) after 30 seconds is in case you unlock the car but do not open any door over the next 30 seconds, then as a safety measure it will relock itself.

I want my car to lock itself only based on speed input (e.g. above 20kmph).

I do not want to install a remote locking system in my car that autolocks after 30 seconds even if key is inside.

So guys, please provide input if you are using Fiat's OEM remote locking system in Active variant. Does it autolock after 30 seconds even if key is inside?
    :ugeek:
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I had installed Fiat's OEM Central and Remote Locking on my Punto Active 2011. It doesn't autolock, whether at a particular speed or after a set duration. Even the manual doesn't mention anything about autolocking.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Yashik, I am using Fiat OEM central/remote locking (old one) for 3 yrs now. i can confirm that the above quoted feature is present.
    However, about your question if it autolocks with key inside, never checked that. Let me do it now and confirm!
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I just checked and here are my observations:
    1. the above quoted feature is present but the locking happens after 1 min. not sure if there is a provision to set time.
    2. about your question if autolocking happens with key inside:
    a) if the key is turned to MAR, the autolocking does not happen. infact the remote buttons become dysfunctional the moment key is turned to MAR.
    b) if the key is just inserted and not turned to MAR, autolocking happens after a minute.

wondering if with the desmodronic key, the autolocking doesn't happen even if the key is just inserted without turning to MAR!
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @shams- Is there a way to turn on the autolocking after 1 minute as you mentioned above? That feature seems to be missing on mine.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Rituraj, i am not sure about that.
    I remember you had posted once that it used to work earlier:
    have the other problems been recitified? i suggest take it to some local guy who works with autocops and try your luck. even mine lacks couple of features that others have stated:
    1. it doesnt lock/unlock on ignition start/off
    2. it doesnt show door ajar warning for all doors.
    maybe some wire needs to be connected for these to work or it might not be supported at all. looks like autocop has provided many different variants of this central locking to fiat.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Thanks for quoting that old post. Yes, the other problems have been rectified. They had cropped up due to some error in installation. Seems like some autocop dealer might be able to help enable that autolock feature.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

In my car, the auto lock happen irrespective of the key is inserted, turned to MAR position etc, and guess what, my remote keys do function even if the key is turned to MAR function.

@Rituraj and shams: I hope the OEM remote system of yours did come with a buzzer and gives sound while locking and unlocking? I have heard in some OEM retro fits, the sound was also not there.

--Anoop
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes Anoop, mine came with buzzer but i have disconnected it. had bought it in Dec 2010. looks like there were many variants of it being sold by Fiat for the same price
  10. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Just yesterday I installed OEM central lock its work after 20 km also its manufacturer by auto cop and with logo of fiat just check at dealer end

I love Fiat
    1 person likes this.