1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat oem parking sensor... Can it be painted???

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by itsvikrams, Aug 5, 2013.

1. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    Fiat oem parking sensor.... Can it be painted to white color.. Since I have booked pearl white Punto 90 hp..
  2. woodman44

woodman44

germany
    Yes, the sensors can be painted. The sensors on my linea are painted, too. No problems. Greetz
  3. Thx for a definite reply. Internet is flooded with opinions swinging both ways, and very convincingly! A few doubts though:
    the Sensors have one outer-ring of hard plastic, then a softer rubber kind of white coloured ring, and finally a black hard plastic disc again at the centre.
    1. Which parts should be painted? I've been advised to mask the middle-softer ring only and paint rest.
    2. Should the surface be first grated / sanded lightly and primed like every other plastic part? Or just painted directly?
    3. Does the unit take too much power that the reverse switch gets heated?
    I'm investing in an OEM and installing at a fiat-authorised service station just so that even if they wreck something, warranty should cover it. :confused: It was they only who recommended it, saying fiat is promoting it now as standard fit. I have am Ocean Blue 2012 Emotion...
    please any suggestions / explanations would be extremely appreciated! :)