1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - New Urban Cross Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by pra.agar, Sep 13, 2016.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

The TVC for the Avventura Urban Cross. (unless this post/link is redundant, i.e., if most have seen it already.) Playing up the 'sexy', hedonistic angle, in somewhat literal ways! ;-)
    amitshedha likes this.
  2. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP

See, this is the difference between FIAT and others manufactures when they advertise.

The first thing FIAT clearly mentions is the power/engine, others don't even say it or mention it in small font where people don't pay attention.

FIAT may be a failure in india, but i m beginning to think its not their fault. Its the people. India is simply not ready for good vehicles.
    Rama, kgramesh, amitshedha and 3 others like this.
  3. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @zam123
    Well said,,,Yes most Indians are xenophobic.So, they would go for something they know/heard/is near to them, But nothing new.
    This was the case with Maruti also ,when it was launched in 80s. I have heard people saying that Maruti is no match to Ambassador or Fiat(PAL at that time). And Maruti started gaining market only after fall (or partial fall )of PAL and HM along with ever increasing fuel prices in early 90s.
    FIAT's only fault was that they promised too much to the dealers. i.e. Chrysler, RAM,Jeep all will be sold at your dealership (read that online on why dealers are closing) . And once that was not fulfilled dealers started closing the shop. Resulting failure of brand itself.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. nirupan

nirupan Novizio

Pune
    Fiat is not at all serious about business in india it seems.
    They do not want to work on weaker area ie Service.
    Only proper after sale service can help to improve sale.
    There are many cities where lots of Fiat Customer but struggling with service. They never suggest anyone to go for Fiat as they have already burned hands with pathetic service. These type of negative feedback results anti marketing for Fiat brand.
    Fact is Fiat Cars are Best in the class but people are not at all interested to buy Fiat.
    This impression may impact on Jeep and other brands under Fiat umbrella as well.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
    linea4me likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The last sentence there IS imo the reason and the cause of why they should and imo will shut-down the FIAT brand in India in a couple of years or three. Service can continue for then-current FIAT owners, through third-party non-dealer (since there'll no more dealers) FASS, and/or at the JEEP service centres in the bigger cities.

While the JEEP dealers can proceed a while later, beyond the localized, the cbu and the ckd-assembled JEEP models (also for export) to also retail say cbu or ckd Chrysler-branded or Alfa Romeo-branded premium-priced models.

THAT is what they're implementing in China right now (JEEP alone sold over 10000 Cherokees and over 3500 Renegades in September, with the new Compass launching, locally-made too, in November, which will very definitely add at least another 9-10k in monthly avergae sales, Alfa Romeo launches from those very JEEP dealers in 2017, and there will be by 2018 an active local-assembly new JV operation there for Chrysler, mainly, plug-in-hybrid near-premium sedans and Minivans and Cuv-s.)

Unless they can find a large rhd export model or two that share platform and architecture with the localized Jeep c-suv and the b-suv (Renegade-like): which too would necessarily retail for over 10 lakhs and well above (500X? 500L? new Brazilian Punto-based Fiat b-suv?)

Viable only thanks to export volumes (the Jeep c-suv strategy of using India as a rhd export hub), and due to sharing dealerships with another brand, JEEP?
    gpunto75 likes this.
  6. Prathap Chandran S

Prathap Chandran S Timido

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I do realize that this is a discussion on Urban Cross. However, some interesting stuff about the future of Fiat in India is being discussed. As I am looking to buy an used Linea (Tjet or MJD), this discussion is important.

I request you to go through my following concerns and provide your opinion. I have posted similar content in a dedicated thread. However, I thought I can get some useful feedback in this thread:

I seem to have spotted some used Tjet Lineas that can be considered for purchase. However, I am having some apprehension with regards to future of the Linea.

I am considering a Mumbai based 2011 Tjet plus that has been used for about 55000 kms (single ownership). I am also considering other similarly used vehicles. My use is restricted to good and traffic free Highways, predominantly. My concerns are listed below:
    Is linea brand about to be discontinued with the possible release of Tipo or Egea in India? When are they going to be released in India. Or is Fiat closing shop in India?
    Are the 2011 Tjet, post 2014 Tjet lineas and post 2016 Linea 125ps similar in the context of the engine and other parts. They do look similar except for the nice added features and the cosmetic facelift.
    Fiat, in the event of Linea closure, might be legally bound to support 2016 lineas or other Lineas due to warranty commitments.
    Will support then be extended to the 2011 Tjets too - service and spares?
    In India, are there any legal guidelines as to how long the manufacturers have to support and service vehicles, from date of sale?

I have another question too regarding a relatively less important topic! What is the mileage that can be expected from a Linea Tjet. I am talking of Highway use.

Please provide your valuable opinions and help me in making a decision.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
  7. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Prathap Chandran S, your concern regarding the future is very valid and a important one.

Clearly FIAT is not interested in sales going forward. They are clearing up the stock of the current gen puntos/linea. They will certainly not bring tipo/agea even though they are very well received in the European markets.

I m afraid they will shut shop slowly as punto/linea product is coming to "end of life", and the future is Tipo family worldwide.

However they will have to support the warranties for current sales of punto/linea which could go up to 2020/21, since they give upto 3 yrs warranty.

It is indeed sad that my next vehicle will probably be a MS, atleast it will be powered by FIAT's engines and that will the best we are all going to get. Most other manufactures will have shut shop in the next 5-10 years, same fate as FIAT.
    Prathap Chandran S and prabhjot like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Prathap Chandran S

Hi.

FCA India will continue to enable after sales and spares support EVEN if they decide to pull the FIAT brand out of the Indian mass market, in favour of JEEP etc. At least in the biggest cities it is clear that there will be either a JEEP-fca 'combined' aftersales centre, and/or non-dealer third-party aftersales setups. The stock of parts available is large: the flip side of the low-ish sales of the Punto and the Linea through their life cycle, whether through 99rpm.com or from fca directly or from sub-distributors or the remaining fiat dealers or the new JEEP ones?

I am not worried in the least for myself or anyone else on the service (of some minimum decentand supervised-by-me/us quality) and spares front, at least not in dilli-gurgaon, pune, mumbai, chennai, bangalore, kochi etc etc. IN ANY EVENT.

cheers
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Guys keep this thread for discussing about the Urban Cross. There are multiple threads for discussing whether will continue to be in India or not. Any further off topic posts will be deleted. Thanks.
    Raaz and Turbothinghy like this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    All off-topic posts deleted. Please stick with discussion regarding Urban cross in this thread.
    Thank you.
    kedarbendre likes this.