1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - New Urban Cross Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by pra.agar, Sep 13, 2016.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/fiat-avventura-urban-cross-review-1464580

The review, like all reviews, is scarcely readable let alone worth anything. BUT: the snaps therein reveal a pretty gorgeous 'cross' styling package: lovely proportions and harmonics of elements. Big wheels, the t-jet/Abarth+the touchscreen+high-quality materials for the cladding, etc: lovely thing this, imo.

It will just cannibalize whatever is left of Fiat brand sales, though, as per usual.
    rohitsharma likes this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Liked the term "rural cross" !
    I wonder how Abarth would be attractive to Rural areas.
    I have seen only Maruti's and may be Hyundai's mostly in rural areas, or in other words, they are worried about the price of the car.

3. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well these idiots have finally launched a perfect car 5yrs late!. Give your self a big clap Fiat!!!!!!!!!

This exact car should've been launched in 2011/12, that would've turned some fortunes atleast. Yes I know they're still selling around same nos. But how are they even planning to sell cars without dealers? Bombay... which is fking 4hrs away from the factory has no dealer! Supposedly housing Fiat's corporate office and no dealer? Honestly I believe either Fiat employees are in dream world or they believe strongly in miracles.
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    I really wish they can launch a MPV version of Punto. Something that could take on Ertiga. That wud be a real gem.

Fiat, are u listening?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I kind of liked this. But, it should have been the one instead of the original Avventura with spare wheels. :)
    Can the existing Avventura owners just replace the rear hatch of the car to make it Urban Cross? I hope so.
    avi_loveindia and prabhjot like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Kind of different stylistic 'ideas': Avventura played up the extravagently sporty, athletic and young (as the name suggests), while this is more economical and elegant, less brash, albeit still quite expressive in style? Am glad the bling-bling of the showcar at the autoexpo got this 'toned down': the result's really nice i feel, works well with the underlying basic Punto form, as a 'cross'over variant.

They got the Abarth look (with the wrong selection of decals, too 'loud') wrong too: stayed too true to the Abarth stylistic dna, meant to strongly distinguish from ordinary Fiats, while ignoring that most buyers would be, in the end, corporate baabu-s (young or middling-aged) who'd prefer just lighter, slighter Abarth-themed touches in red, orange or yellow.

In the end: that all such attempts (including the Linea and Punto facelifts in 2014) fail to result in sales upticks AT ALL points not to errors of styling, feature-list, advertizing quantity or quality, or indeed engine-choice etc but to the fact that very very few prospective buyers even consider or are open-minded towards FIAT in the first place, by now.

It IS way too late, more than it is 'too little'!
    gpunto75 and cassini like this.
  7. SwifttoPunto

SwifttoPunto Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Navneet and prabhjot like this.
  9. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Really Good Pricing, as it becomes VFM for that bracket. But no news anywhere else, thats sad! Why so silent FIAT! Will miss the rear mounted wheel look
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    And sales will be as stagnant as ever, if they don't actually dip! This time the reason attributed will be: too little 'new', humko 'new hi new hi.....' chahiye! The earlier reasons were: good old 'resale bekaar hai' and 'after sales bekaar hai' (among the mass market consumers.)

Among the self-styled 'enthusiasts' and automotive rasiks: "ah but the gearbox is notchy and besides, that 1 1-litre bottle holder is not enough, everycar should have least 6, preferably 10 to 12 such holders for it to be a real, true rasik's neo-aspirational car. World class, desi style!"

Also: "bluetooth streaming ke bina bhala koi gaadi khareedta hai ka? Yeh kumbakth FIAT waale bahut hi arrogant hain, humko jab Hyundai, Honda aur Mruutii se ek-do-teen lakh aur dene par ye sab i.e 'itnaa dete hain' to kyon lein FIAT bhai?! Also, turbo ka jo lag-wa hain, nan, bahoot hi bhayanak hai bhai, too-bad hai bhai! Too-bad hai, too bad hai, repeat after me, tell your friends and yaars and uncles and aunties too: too bad hai, bolo too bad hai ...."

PS: i.e, FIAT is dead. It died in India 2-4 years ago, if not when they broke from the Tata sales and service setup, actually. These Urban Crosses and Abarths and Powertech Evo-s and Linea 125S are just the hauntings we Fiat fans have to endure: even they will stop once, and if, proper funerary rituals are conducted.

[A sad and bitter loud laugh!]
    Prathap Chandran S and kk27 like this.