1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - New Urban Cross Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by pra.agar, Sep 13, 2016.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

2. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat is already trying to flush out its stocks by giving some cosmetic changes to its existing models ,This car is not a new one albeit some cosmetic changes , and there is not a single plan to launch new vehicles . May be what we are reading all over internet is all true and these are just final touches to that .I would not have said this if this model would have 1.6 ltr or 6 speed or auto transmission,but as much as I understand Fiat and Fiat understands Indian Userbase ,,nope they will not go that much far for this .
    Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Murphy_Fiat, amitshedha and prabhjot like this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

It is an interesting thought-had Fiat gone in for major technical changes like new engine/transmission or a body change, that would have been seen as an unwavering commitment. Appointing more 'suits' does'nt sound as much convincing as putting an auto gearbox, even if it is on an existing Punto/Avventura.
    And while on the subject, what do we have now ? A Punto with higher GC but without the external spare wheel?

So is GC the only differentiator between an Abarth Punto and a Abarth-equipped Urban Cross ?
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  5. SwifttoPunto

SwifttoPunto Novizio

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  6. zam123

zam123 Novizio

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    very disappointing to say the least.

They just removed the tail mounted spare wheel on the abarth avventura and called it urban cross WOW.

Things that did not make it to the production version.

1. 17" inch alloys
    2. Flat bottom steering wheel
    3. leather interiors

if they had included what they showed in the showcase model, it would be worth something.

Now they will surely show themselves out of india.
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

I am more aggrieved by the fact that Fiat does not make dual airbags standard for all its variants. C'mon, Fiat, you should have been the FIRST company to do that- no matter what you say about the tank-like build quality, airbags should have been as 'standard' as impact structures in the car body.
    Raj_pol and Raaz like this.
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-23.jpg Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-62.jpg Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-70.jpg Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-78.jpg Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-55.jpg Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-92.jpg

Pics from OVERDRIVE's first drive report.
  9. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Ha ha, this was this expected.?
    This one reminds me of video halls from the childhood. Posters were charming, but the films used to be different ;-)
  10. SwifttoPunto

SwifttoPunto Novizio

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    If this is the final product, then I don't think it is worth even discussing it here. It neither desperate effort nor a planned effort by Fiat. It is just like Maruti now and then comes up with special editions (they may be still better). It is only stock clearance sale.

Disclaimer: However please note that this review is even before formal launch by Fiat. Would Fiat allow final product details to be shown even before formal launch? I doubt. So the final product may still have leather interior and other stuff. Let us wait.