1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. look at 0-100 numbers for 1.6MJD it is 11 seconds it will quickest in the segment.that's bad what will overdrive/autocar or zigwheels will write? probably they will have skew some of the rivals numbers there. Or just say although some cars take more time than new Linea 1.6 MJD it still doesn't feel like it is sluggish:)
    2 people like this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Is this Facelift or New Linea? not sure. If 1.6 is not coming and 1.3/1.4 Tjet only the option then it must not be New linea. With the current linea line-up how fiat will price this?

May be this is the facelifted linea and will exists with 1.3/1.4 Tjet with same state of tune and replace current linea ( as new name Classic Linea). But some question is arising in my mind, what will be the price then and how fiat will manage price with compare to Vento/Rapid/Verna with 1.3/1.4. Current linea is already near to 11.5/10.5 On Road Hyd.

Is my sixth sense telling this is not new linea/ New linea will be new design completely.

What you say friends ( feel your sixth sense)?
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    given the current economic conditions and how fiat is doing in india even i cannot help but speculate that this will be only a face lift.
    With the new rules coming in regarding the GC/engine displacement if its the 1.6 they would really have to do a lot to bring the price down and given the current conditions in fiat i dont think they would be willing to risk it.

But i just wish they prove me wrong!
  4. Current chassis they have is a time less design, They can easily create more space by working on seats and dash board.
    Why would FIAT need new chassis, when they improve the current one ?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I feel lots of us like the existing Linea's look, compared to new Linea planned.
    We should not worry, as exiting Linea will continue, as Linea classic.

About engine and specification, we need to wait.
    For Petrol, T-Jet should be available.

For diesel, 1.3, 90HP will be there for sure, we need to see if they put 1.6MJD in some upper versions or not.
    1 person likes this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Although my heart wishes so but my brain says Fiat will never learn. They would probably get the 1.3 MJD II with higher state of tune. So the current owners would've to switch brands for a powerful car.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Ok. My thoughts (wishes)

Linea Classic (Existing design) - In 1.3 MJD (Only 1 Variant with mouthwatering price), 1.4 FIRE (Active & Dynamic) and 1.4 T-Jet trims
    New Linea (Not a face lift) - 1.3 MJD (Active, Dynamic & Emotion) and 1.6 MJD (1 Top variant)

New Linea should be something similar to the existing Punto Lineup - 1.3 MJD 75HP (3 Variants) and 1.3 MJD 90 HP (1 Top Variant)

This might help Fiat to price the New Linea strategically. People who need more power, BHP and can extend their budget, can opt for 1.6 MJD 1XX HP, by shelling out some premium.
    2 people like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Definitely the variant names will be changed for New Linea

From FIAT Turkey website:-

Two Models for Linea:-

Linea.jpg

New linea Details with variant names:-

lineadetails.jpg

Classic Linea remains the same :-

LineadetailsClassic.jpg

P.S:- Both Lineas should be classic :D .Wooah new linea what a design.
    3 people like this.
  9. C2 segment is shrinking in sales from past few years, i am not sure why FIAT can't bring a cross over like Freemont
    May be with 1.6 ltr engine at low end and 2.0 MJD as top end. It should priced similar to Duster.
    This car looks so good I am sure it will rattle the competition.
    at_Freemont_2.0_16V_Multijet_Urban_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_25._Februar_2012%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

If we Indian's can embrace a reault duster without proven satay record,why not Freemont.
    6 people like this.
  10. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3

One thing is for sure, Fiat can not rattle any competition.:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.