1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yesterday I saw 3 Lineas going back to back near Shivajinagar, Pune.

Front and rear bumpers were masked and they were driving fast. :)
  2. Volksjager

Volksjager Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Previously what Fiat Linea is lacking was outright performance. That 1.3 MJD with VGT had great potential in pulling a very heavy car like the Linea. And it is also a rev friendly engine, I haven't seen any car in this segment that can handle like Linea ! I hope Fiat addressed this gap. Fiat is improving systematically by increasing the GC & now plonking in the 1.6 MJD. If these engines are an import then quality would be top notch, they can last for years to come ! To me Fiat engines are strong as an OX ( I mean they are very reliable :D ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Volksjager

Volksjager Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Guys, any new information regarding 2014 Fiat Linea & their engine line ups ? Any new sightings & pictures of the test mules ? Please post it here. I am waiting since many days for this thread to be updated. :)

4. mayank

mayank Amatore

2 days before when i went to speed fiat(chandigarh) the service manager there told me that Fiat will launch linea in upcoming auto expo with 1.6MJD. Rest its always a mystery when it comes to news about fiat launchings.
    1 person likes this.
  5. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday, I went to DRS Motors Ltd, Faridabad (Fiat exclusive dealer in Faridabad) , during chit chat with sales Rep., he told me that Fiat Viaggio will be launched in Couple of month with 1.6 MJD engine. Does not looks to me correct news.. Add to this he said current Linea is off the production line. :eek:
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    If current Linea is off production line then it is not a good direction for the firm.
  7. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    Hello Mr.PuntoSingh,
    FYI being an automotive research analyst, I closely follow the competitors and I can assure you that the Viaggio will not be launched in India any time soon atleast not until 2015-2016 ;)

But yes it would be definitely nice to see the Viaggio running on desi roads :)
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I heard from Ramkay SA that, FIAT will be launching 2014 Linea and Punto by end of Feb or early March. They are delaying it to clear the old stock and FIAT is asking the dealers to clear the old stock at the earliest.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do not agree. :) Just one month remains for the launch of new Linea and old Linea isn't selling too fast either owing to stiff competition from Verna and co. Why manufacture extra cars and then sell them under a loss when new car is round the corner. Linea Classic will remain on assembly lines anyways.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Volksjager

Volksjager Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in India

Yes, ACI says that Fiat would launch the facelift in mid 2014. I haven't seen any car being released right after the Auto-Expo. It will at-least take 2-3 months time...It would be either in May or June. Usually I don't trust SA's bro :) !

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.