1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the source Nadeem?
    We keep hearing these from some Sales advisor, not sure even Fiat is sure about 1.6.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I dont have source Ravi Bhai,as said by our member Jack who got this news from sales consultant.Its high time for Fiat to bring 1.6 in Linea.Fiat is saying from many years now that we will bring 1.6 in Linea but now in 2014 i have full hope on Fiat that 1.6 will debut in Linea and for first time Fiat will use 1.6 in its own Linea and then supply it to others after it debuts in New Linea.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I am going to add to the rumors on the 1.6 MJD :D. I had a long chat with my sales rep this weekend while I was collecting my corrected RC Card and he told me that the new Linea will be having the T Jet and the 1.6 MJD for sure, if they really are launching the 1.6MJD I hope they don't over price it.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    Confirmed news of the New Linea launch is Auto Expo, in Feb 2014

- - - Merged Post - - -

Going by the trend..
    It is very unlikely of Fiat to introduce the 1.6 diesel in India for the Linea
    The primary reason being the different excise duty on engines more than 1.5L
    here is a quote from an article in ET
    "Excise duty on bigger bigger vehicles, or those with engines above 1500cc, has gone up by 5% to 27% from the existing 22%."
    To support my findings
    - Honda City -1.5 DSL
    - Ford Ecosport - 1.5 DSL
    - VW / Skoda - working on the new 1.5l powertrain
    - Maruti - They are building their own powertrains the 1.6L will power the Ertiga and XA - Alpha
    - 1.4L dsl for SX4

and hence all OEM's are working on the same

Link to the above source regarding excise duty
    http://articles.economictimes.india...31204948_1_excise-duty-small-cars-excise-hike
    4 people like this.
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I had chat with person working with FIAT. As per him, new FIAT Linea will be launched during Auto expo but it will have same 1.3 diesel engine. They are some changes related to more BHP but engine will be 1.3 Only.
    I wish this is not true!

Also they are working on Punto Refresh which will hit market by Jul-2014, alongwith Punto crossover. No plans for Panda/500L yet.

FIAT is just focusing on JEEP brand at present.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Two Cent on this news like this as i discussed with my sales representative few days back.

Fiat Punto Evo
    Fiat Punto Abrath - CUB
    Fiat Linea - 1.3 Sure
    Fiat Vaiggio - 1.6
    Fiat 500 - CUB
    Probably Fiat 500 Crossover not sure about route

All are on display in 1014 Auto Expo.

Pricing would be competitive with all other brand
  7. Wow !!Roman's will be happy to drive a FIAT:)
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Sales Representatives are like that only, The matter is what FIAT is thinking. I got the info about 1.6 MJD in linea around FEB-March 2013 (this year). They told 1.6 (105 BHP with FGT) will be launch on last of 2013. Same I posted immediately on TFI :). What we saw in reality :- Fiat linea Classic from FIAT.

Till FIAT open the curtain from model, how we will believe what is FIAT's actual Plan ( no matter what are planned as before).

But Viaggio 1.6 is giving little happiness on my face ( If this is true I will give treat to your SR ;) ).
    1 person likes this.
  9. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Suman, most of the time SR are like that as you said.

While I am in search of my first car since January 2013. I am following this SR. I asked him about the fiat lineup in 2013 based on rumors and he said 2013 will only see Punto and Linea Facelift max. 2014 where Fiat is coming with fresh game plan.

Once I discussed with him, I have also cross verified this with couple of automobile sites. You can refer Zig wheels for the same one of the unbiased reviewer of Fiat cars. They have also confirmed news with 2014 Q1 Auto show, Fiat is lineup with this models.
    I am also hoping Fiat will rock the 2014
  10. Volksjager

Volksjager Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    I am happy to be a part of team fiat, I have been following this thread for quiet a while now. And now, I would like to tell you guys that 1.6 MJD is confirmed for the 2014 Linea. It is expected to be launched in the market by mid of 2014. Here is the source for my information,
    New Cars For 2014 | Feature | Autocar India - YouTube
    For a quick look, please skip to 6:36
    The power output is expected to be 103 BHP and 290nm of torque. After seeing the test mule pictures posted my Team Fiat members, looks like Linea is going to come with 205/55/R16 tyres. All these specs are really impressive. If you guys already know this information, then please excuse me.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.