1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    6 people like this.
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Do you guys think there will be whole new ECU for the new 2014 linea 1.3 MJD variant?

I am expecting Fiat might use the same ECU as it is in present 1.3 MJD 90 PS linea.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Everything should stay the same I believe. Atleast till the BS5 norms come up.
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    In that case I am not able understand what fiat is testing the new linea for a long time? I mean what is there to test here for that long durations as the changes are just with respect to some exterior and interior and there is no change with respect to engine, GB and ECU?

So are we missing something here??

Thanks
    Gopi
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The dashboard is completely new and so is the alleged introduction of the cruise control. No manufacturer can put a car out on the roads without adequate testing of every aspect - say the fitting of the new dashboard and how it holds up over lakh+ km's on Indian roads. Or how the cruise control works etc etc.

So, it's good to see the Linea test mules running across the country testing out the new bits.
    2 people like this.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Trend is outer change and under the hood remain the same (may be little change in the name) and the strategy is working.The customer should know something new has been launched and bought."Old wine in a new bottle".
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    If it is true that it is going to be old wine in new bottle then it is better that one can seriously consider the present linea instead of waiting for the new linea as there are very good discounts now.

Regards
    Gopi
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  8. Saw the new 2014 linea the other day while travelling to mumbai.Have taken a few snaps.Its indeed old wine in a new bottle.The car i saw had a sticker on the front windscreen , it read 1.3 sde emotion and final testing OK.it had a cruise control stick,new dashboard, the usb connector now sits infront of the gear stick , turn indicator in the ORVM , has a shorter arm rest,third headrest for the backseat is missing.will post the pics once i get back home.
    5 people like this.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    There is nothing wrong with this strategy if the present engine/components doing the job well as we know in Multijet case.Also trend is smaller engines with good turbo boost.More ever one can also consider waiting for new model to enjoy a new look and change.I think Linea and Punto needs that.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    My gutfeel is this 1.3 SDE might be the Mulitjet 2 series of engine which is being tested. The present ones need not undergo extensive testing like this. The mere facelift would have been launched by this time now. The 1.6 MJD might come later in 2014, or rather at least hoping so.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.