1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    If i am not wrong Fiat uses C510 gearbox in Punto/Linea in india.

With limit being 206 NM as shown in the picture, how come Tjet is able to produce 207 NM max torque and MJD 90hp 209 NM?
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in India

The palio used to come with C510 both petrol and older diesels. Once the palio multijet was launched it came with C530, Punto and Linea followed suit there after. C530 is upgraded version of C510.

This was confirmed during my Fiat plant visit in late 2009.

I seriously wish the facelift comes with the C645 6 speed box even if it's the 1.3 Mjd with better ratios and a tall 6th doing 100 @ 2000 rpm.

Sent from my GT-N7000
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    but you posted the following in Sept 2012 mentioning about c510 in punto/linea :):
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/7687-petrol-hatch-diesel-sedan.html#post130628

Is this mentioned in any official source of info from Fiat?
    1 person likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in India

Oops, sorry about the confusion on the ownership thread. Will need to get that corrected.

The assembly line manager at the engine plant told this to me during the visit. I'm not sure if Fiat has released an official statement on this.

Sent from my GT-N7000
  5. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    On lighter note, "Just like they covered all logos, they are hiding the actual GB by using 5 speed knob, but underlying gear box is actually 6 speed" :) :) I am just joking but seriously want it to be true.

Let us keep guessing it for next 6-8 months!

Regards
    Gopi
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Good Joke.:evilsmileWho knows they might be hiding 6 speed gear box by using 5 speed knob on it.Wish it would be true.We will be guessing until more new spyshots dont come of Linea having 1.6 with 6 speed gearbox.
  7. Gopi,
    In my M800, i used to use Alto's gear knob which used to drive people crazy when they tried to shift 5th gear.
  8. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    that's not the point. we have force one, safari etc with 320 nm torque running with 5 gb, because their gb are design keeping its engine in mind. 6 gb is required to make engine run smoother at higher speed. as fiat 5 gb is tuned for short gearing. with extra power of 1.6 multijet, this short geared 5 gb won't go well together. It will make matter more worse. moreover we have i20 with 6 gb, duster with 6 gb. there gb are tuned to make long top gear. for better fuel efficiency & relaxed driving experience. All these can be achieved in 5gb also. but fiat 5 gb is not designed in such a way. Engine & gb are like husband n wife. if both are not matched properly than we always have some sort of bitter experience.
    13 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    ^^ Great post dude.
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Absolutely right Scott.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.